I've got the runs (instrumental)

Started by Tony W, October 12, 2010, 06:23:35 PM

Tony W

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

Yeah, I'm trying to build up a solid workout of fretboard navigation. I attempted to mix modes on this piece, and navigate the fretboard enough to extend my playing range comfortably. Most of this just clicked tonight, so you be the judge, does it work?

By the way, there are some turd nuggets for notes in here, as I'm too lazy to punch in and out.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

launched

Yes - I love it! You're defo surfing the notes in high style!

"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Bluesberry

Yes Tony, that is very cool sounding.  And you know the best part, it is very original sounding, not copying anybody.  This is the start of your true style emerging here Tony,  def the right track.  The way you describe this is pretty much what I do, I don't think too much about pentatonic or position so much, just find sweet spots and runs in-between,  using my ear to guide me.  This indicates that you have had a growth here, jumped up to the next level, hell I think you junped a few levels here tonight.  Keep this up!!!!!!!!!!!

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Ted

Wowz!  If I had woken up from a six-month coma and heard this, I'd never had guessed it was you. You've progressed in leaps and bounds. This is top notch.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

The Reverend 48

There are some Killer Licks/phrases in here Tony
I can see you are approaching a new dawn!

Gnasty

Tony this is spectacular.. You sound really good..i've  enjoyed listening now twice.

Once you learn a certain key and the whole fretboard to that certain key you will also not have to always know where you're at too.

And then more creativeness and boundaries will come out. You are on that road bro!!

Nice work!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Satchwood

Wow Tony, a really great job here on this!!   Your advancing in light-years bro!   You know you've grown when you can play for nearly 6 minutes and still hold our attention :~)
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Tony W

Thanks all!

Yeah about that 6 minute thing, I really like to extend a practice as long as possible, I'm too lazy to push play more often than necessary. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

One of these days, I'm going to take the time to tie it all together.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Kenneth

Nice job Tony, love the feeling in the playing!

"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman