ABC (Original /w Tony W and Gnasty)

Started by launched, September 27, 2010, 03:39:58 PM

launched

This is an other one salvaged from my drunken MBR initialization mishap. Tony did a bunch of guitar overlays for me and a GR20 track - I thought he did a great job and am glad to have him on the song. He also did the answering machine segment which I thought was cool. Gnasty did the Class A ripping fadeout solo - What a fitting end for a creepy song!

It was originally going to be an MBR only project, but after 60 tracks not including bounces I had to port it to Audacity.

This is my last stalker tune. There is enough for an album. I hope I can find something else to write about now.  ;D

The lineup:

Vocals: Launched
Rhythm/Acoustic Guitars: Launched
Bass: Launched
Guitar Overlays: Tony W
Slide Guitar Intro: Tony W
Verse Guitar Overlay: Launched
GR20 Guitar Synth: Tony W
Answering Machine Segment: Tony W
Fadeout Solo: Gnasty

Time:
0:00
Volume:

"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Gritter

Definitely not as easy as 1, 2, 3! Creepy as all hell. I got a headache from reading the credits*, though I do think this is a brilliantly constructed piece of music. It's your Band on The Run type mastepiece.

*I think you missed one credit though.

Tony: Some tasty guitar work...awesome additions!

henwrench

I could go on and on and on.........

BOSS

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Bluesberry

I've been waiting for this one to show up here.  Now I can give it the serious consideration it needs...HOLY FREAKING SHOOOOOOOTIE I LOVE IT MARK.  Great tasteful guitar and synth additions Tony and of course Gnasty gnasty solo there.  You have a Stalker Rock-Opera in the works here.  Deadly guys, Mark, so good to have one of your "big" productions again.  

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Vanncad

60+ tracks!!! What a production boys!
I don't know how the hell you can work with Audacity. Every thing I do in there turns out distorted as all hell.
You seem to play it like an instument.

This song has got that classic "Launched" feel to it.
Tony and Gnasty's additions round it out perfectly.

I love your slide guitar work and that answering machine bit Tony.
Geez - Gnasty's solo knocked out my two front teeth, and now I look like Theoren Fleury.

This sounds very well arranged and produced. All the parts fit perfectly.
That's a hell of a piece of work guys. You all should be proud.
It ain't pretty being easy.

Okay to Cover

Kenneth

Yeoowww!
What an ending to an interesting and intelligently crafted song!

Loved the entire thing, everything works incredibly, and great vocals.Loved the little subtle touches too, great job Tony!

Nicely done guys, and once again that solo rocked!!!
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman

Gnasty

As soon as Mark let me have a listen to this and ask me to put riffage down i was in!!

Such a freaky song. Very original to me. Thanks for letting me do it Mark and Tony.

Quote from: Vanncad on September 27, 2010, 08:31:02 PMI love your slide guitar work and that answering machine bit Tony.
Geez - Gnasty's solo knocked out my two front teeth, and now I look like Theoren Fleury.

This sounds very well arranged and produced. All the parts fit perfectly.
That's a hell of a piece of work guys. You all should be proud.

Vann, i'm sorry about your teeth. No worries, i know a cheap dentist! ;D

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Redler

Stellar collab guys!!!! And awesome production!

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ferryman

Spooky, eerie, deep and full of wonderfulness. I love all those different guitars and the change in the middle is great. The dissonant guitar stabs sound great and that initial chord sequence is simple but very effective. Clever use of lots of different parts but it all sounds very coherent from start to finish, a great collab. Echoes of Gabriel's "Intruder".....?

The production is really, really good. Well done getting to the 60 track level, that's always a good level to reach! But the important thing is the production sounds clear as a bell. I'm listening on good quality montitors and it sounds clear and well balanced, with no muddiness. The drums sound particularly good. Well done, nothing I would change!!!

Mark et al, this is stellar work. I'm very impressed and I really enjoyed it.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

yeah baby looks like i have lots of catching up to do following my norwegian excursion, you guys should do something similar stateside, just think eric, mark, tony, sandy , van and dave all in one room. all under a giant satchwood.

this is cutting edge love the changeover to the acoustic guitar and tony w's ansaphone solo.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann