Greetings from Delft

Started by Donna D, September 10, 2010, 04:23:30 PM

Donna D

Hi everyone, I've been lurking here for the past couple of days, ever since T.C. Elliott mentioned the site to me. (We collaborated on a song over on the 50/90 site.) Must say I'm impressed by the standard of music here on the forum, along with the general relaxed and supportive atmosphere.

I'm embarrassed to admit that - excluding misguided attempts with a flute and a trumpet at age 13 - I don't play any instruments. :-[  :P  This means of course that as a writer of lyrics, I'm often on the lookout for collaborators in one form or another.  I hope that'll be all right here. I may post a lyric or two along the way, so if anyone feels like jumping on them...

In the meantime, I'll keep browsing and enjoying these interesting and entertaining threads.  ;D

On a personal note: I'm an ex-pat Canadian (born in Toronto, grew up in northern Ontario) who just happens to live in the Netherlands.  Good to see a few Canucks here. I also lived in Australia (Perth and Melbourne), so am glad to see a couple of Aussies as well.  ;)

Donna
Honour the earth. Without it, we'd be nowhere.

Life is too important to take seriously.

Tony W

Welcome aboard my new well traveled friend. I hope you enjoy our site. I'm sure you'll find a few willing collab partners.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Geir

Welcome Donna!

Good to have you on board!! Yes, like Tony said I'm sure you'll find collab partners here and that you'll feel at home. Please do post some of your lyrics soon, with your globetrotting background I'm sure they'll be very interesting and it won't take long before someone puts music to them !

cheers

Geir
(the resident viking :) )
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Gnasty

Welcome to the greatest place in the world Donna!!

A big hello from Ontariscario,Canada!! Where Northern were you from? I'm west of Toronto. ;D

I'll have to look out for your lyrics. You are probably hooked to this site already but if not, when someone grabs your lyrics and brings them to life like you couldn't ever imagine they'd sound, you'll NEVER leave!

Hope to see you around alot

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

T.C. Elliott

Good to see you over here, Donna. I posted the 50/90 track in originals today. I hope you like the place. The people are certainly very welcoming and supportive.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

64Guitars

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Gnasty

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

IanR

HI Donna

Its good to hear from you.  I hope you enjoy the site.  I've been lurking a bit myself lately.  I've been waiting for lyrics to come out my own head but I'll surely look at yours to see if I can contribute.

I'm from Melbourne.  I'm not sure why you would have left - it keeps getting better.

Ian

recorder
PreSonus Studio 1824
recorder
PreSonus FaderPort 8
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

Donna D

What a lovely bunch of greetings to wake up to this morning! Thanks, everyone.  :)

Gnasty & 64: A little further west/north of even "Mrs. Sawga".  ;)  My last stepping off place in Ontario was Wawa, up in the Michipicoten area (Lake Superior).

Ian, it was harder to leave Oz after my last visit there (to WA), 4 years ago. If only it weren't so far from everywhere else in the world...  :P ... (Though I suppose Indonesia and New Guinea would count as "close".  :D )

But Europe is cool too.  ;)

In the meantime, I'll be on the lookout for where I can contribute lyrics-wise, and will post one or two of my own lyrics that are looking for a good home.

Donna
Honour the earth. Without it, we'd be nowhere.

Life is too important to take seriously.

Kenneth

Welcome Donna from B.C.!
I joined here last month and have found this a supportive place where pros and amateurs (like myself) can combine efforts and have some fun.

Do you sing?

Looking forward to your posts.
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman