a new song "let me confess"

Started by tom r, July 29, 2010, 02:02:39 PM

Redler

Fine song!! At first it sounded a bit thin, but after the vox came in all was perfect!! That guitar sounds just right on this. Excellent vocal melody!! Nice, job!

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Jim1970

COOL TUNE!
I love the HEAVY FEEL!!!

JIM
Now on SoundClick and Reverbnation
http://members.soundclick.com/jmarciniec1970
http://www.reverbnation.com/jamesmarciniec
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Krasi

Grunge, Punk, and yes...Neil Young comes to mind!!! Seattle stuff through and through!!!
And I gotta say I'm a huge Seattle (understand Grunge) Fan!!!!!!
So, naturally I like this a lot!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80

tom r

thanks lads. just back from my holidays to some very kind comments. Trying to get my head around writing some rythm patterns but its doing my head in!!!!

TOM
Tom Reeves
Lobelia Sound

hardlock

Wow, super song!  I MUST CONFESS that at first I had my doubts going into it but quickly got hooked and immersed in the mono mood of being back in those dark and dirty clubs, way late at night, trying not to fall off my drum-stool from so many free beers.  What a trip! ;D

Nothing wrong with keeping the drums simple.  At the end of the nights I gigged those clubs, if I could even keep a straight beat throughout the entire song I was doing good.  Since only a few left in the place who were too drunk to care, we were just running out the clock to get the heck out of there.  But I digress, great song!
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

tom r

Digress away hardlock. Thanks for sticking with the song and glad you liked it

Tom
Tom Reeves
Lobelia Sound

Ferryman

I like this a lot, great lo-fi loveliness. The quality is not an issue for me apart from the vox which sound just a bit too distorted for my liking but they do work. It has a nicer punky, grungely feel for me which I like a lot and I like your lyrics.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Black Mary

tom r. This sounds fantastic. It's got to be a return to your roots. It's pure 60's, and not contaminated in any way. I can hear the love under the anger. I can't hear the problems you mention, personally. To me it sounds like authentic 60's garage band. That's just the way it had to be done then, so if you changed it, it would lose something. This sounds like the real deal. Great songwriting. Excellent melody.
kingliggermusic

tom r

Cheers BM. I was inspired by some of your latest tunes to get the old Les Paul out and crank her up. Watch out i've another rocker almost completed :-)

Tr
Tom Reeves
Lobelia Sound

Gu Djin

Getting to grips with this now - I agree with a lot of what's been said.  Though I hear something of Keith Relph in your vocal.

Nice one - The only thing I would add is don't try to clean up your sound too much - this has oodles of appeal.

Leigh
Guild Starfire 5, Fender Telecaster, Fender Stratocaster, K Yairi and Walden and a 12 Stagg string acoustic guitar and other music making boxes - including mandolin, bouzouki and 5 string banjo, uke and acoustic bass - a few M-Audio keyboards and a flute - all played and treated with equal love and attention - zoom ut 2 pedal and Logic Pro X