Creeping from the shadows

Started by Gu Djin, May 22, 2010, 01:31:05 PM

Gu Djin

Hi folks I've enjoyed the forum for  around eighteen months, or so, but thanks to JohnBee I've been outed and will have to come out of the shadows. 

Here goes:  I'm a songwriter.  There I've said it.  I'm addicted to making music - good? - bad - and indifferent.  I play a little bit of guitar - mixed styles - I mess with keys, and use a flute, mandolin and bouzouki to make music of sorts with.  I also make noises with a fiddle - but can't really play it.  I love accoustic stuff and am happy with my telecaster and my 46 year old Guild Starfire.  I'll use clips and midi if it helps me create the sound I want.

I've written more songs over more years than I care to remember.  That's it - I'm out of the closet now.

Should add I'm from the UK and currently live in Newark, Notts.  Don't really have a favourite artist or genre,  I just love music of all kinds.  Though if I want to relax on my own, Norah Jones gets many plays, though I may not admit that down at the pub.

Leigh
Guild Starfire 5, Fender Telecaster, Fender Stratocaster, K Yairi and Walden and a 12 Stagg string acoustic guitar and other music making boxes - including mandolin, bouzouki and 5 string banjo, uke and acoustic bass - a few M-Audio keyboards and a flute - all played and treated with equal love and attention - zoom ut 2 pedal and Logic Pro X

Bluesberry

Great to hear from you Leigh, lets hear one or two of your songs.  I am looking forward to hearing your music.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Gnasty

Welcome to the forum from the shadows.

Now quit creeping and lets hear the tunage ;D

Glad you came out to chat with us. After 18 months, i shouldn`t tell you how amazingly talented and great people are in here.

Looking forward to your music
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Saijinn Maas

Welcome Leigh!

Looking forward to hearing some of your stuff ;)

Black Mary

Welcome to the club Leigh. Looking forward to hearing your music.
kingliggermusic

chapperz66

Hi Leigh - from just a few miles down the M1 in Northamptonshire.

Paul

Oldrottenhead

hi from scotland leigh , loved your 1918 tango piece. look forward to hearing more.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Satchwood

Well here's a warm welcome from sunny-all-the-flippin-time-ArizonA, to the best music cafe on the internet !
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Gu Djin

Thanks for the welcome folks - just making me feel guilty about not getting involved sooner.  It was the amazing stuff I heard on here that made stand on the sidelines for so long.  Not worthy.

Leigh
Guild Starfire 5, Fender Telecaster, Fender Stratocaster, K Yairi and Walden and a 12 Stagg string acoustic guitar and other music making boxes - including mandolin, bouzouki and 5 string banjo, uke and acoustic bass - a few M-Audio keyboards and a flute - all played and treated with equal love and attention - zoom ut 2 pedal and Logic Pro X

Greeny

Quote from: Gu Djin on May 24, 2010, 04:05:59 AMThanks for the welcome folks - just making me feel guilty about not getting involved sooner.  It was the amazing stuff I heard on here that made stand on the sidelines for so long.  Not worthy.

Leigh

Everybody is worthy here. Welcome aboard!