Creepy Little Alice

Started by Saijinn Maas, April 29, 2010, 02:50:36 AM

Saijinn Maas

Saijinn - Creepy Little Alice
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Last one for tonight...

I started this some time ago... My need to do something different got pushed aside for the Unplugged Fest, then the Punk Fest, etc. So I reloaded this and finished it... kind of... Still sounds off to me... Might be because I am tired and not hearing it right, just can't seem to get the mix right.

New acoustic version added here!

lg

This is really cool!
Reminds me of Alice Cooper's stuff.
It doesn't sound off to me Sai.
This is Piepod bound!

LG
nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

henwrench

Love the verse melody, skips along like a lion-headed fluffy bunny. It does sound slighty undefined, but then I was never a fan of hard room reverbed drums, that sound can take up so much space and clutter things a wee bit. Actually, I'm not a fan of reverb full stop. But that is just my personal taste, Sai. And you say I do Serial Killer Music*......!!

henwrench

*copyright Sai
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

joedonner2001

Saijinn,

I love this song.  It gave me gooseflesh!

I wish I could do stuff like this!  What do you use for recording?  Guess the picture of the BR600 should've given me a clue...

OsCKilO

Bro....

Killer!

A real Modern Vibe to this song!!!

Finger on the Pulse man!!!  Awesome!!!!!!!

Love it!

Mood filled Vocal Performance.
Guitars are Great!

You sound too good for the drums though!!! 

Can you Do an accoustic version? Like in the intro and Outro...
I would Love to hear it!!!!!

Bad ass Shines through on this one!!!!!!!!  KILLER TUNE!!!!

Peace

T (OsCKilO)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

j.g.

Great one - I think there is a touch of Bowie in there as well. Nothing wrong with the mix, it all fits in with the mood.

launched

Dude, f*ck yeah! Great songwriting and musical delivery. You managed to get this one really loud without crackling out. Cool lyrics and concept.

Love the vox - Lead and backing. You got the sound, panning and levels just right - I gotta play this in the pickup today. And those doubled and panned rhythm guitars... Oh yeah.

The drums... I like the kick, but think the gated snare is a little hot. IMO, it cancels out the vox in places, but for some reason it seems to settle in better toward the end of the song. Maybe it's just my ears, I don't know.

Anyway, I love it - You've always knocked out some great guitar pieces, and I think you are really starting to come alive with your vocal work.

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Dmann

Greeny

Doesn't sound off to me... just dark and wonderful. The song builds very well, and the weird little counterpoint backing vocals are just brilliant. Sounds a bit like Marilyn Manson to me. Another mighty fine song and mix.

Saijinn Maas

Thanks for the comments everyone. ;) 

I'll see about doing an all acoustic version T ;)

This started off frustrating for me because, as you all know, the BRs only do 4/4 time, and the beginning "prelude" is in 3/4. So I had to record it separately and then added it back into the song in Audacity. All in all, I think it worked out fairly well. ;)