Designing the next Micro BR

Started by 64Guitars, August 26, 2008, 12:06:27 PM

beleg

Quote from: tackium on August 28, 2008, 07:40:59 AM4. A footswitch to change between presets

I like the idea of that. It could be a USB 3rd party accessory. You could have a plain jane foot switch that just turned on and off whatever effect was currently engaged, or you could have one that that was more complex that would let you charge the parameters of a sound (like a volume pedal controlling the thickness of a distortion).

Anyone know anyone at Boss? We should forward them the link to this forum room

stevet

Quote from: 64Guitars on September 01, 2008, 07:56:25 PM
Quote from: stevet on September 01, 2008, 04:50:13 PMIt was in native high rez MT2 mode . After looking closer it was 2HRs and 427.6MB

For live recordings, try LV1 or LV2 (the "LV" stands for "live"). They will give very good results (especially LV1) and not use as much memory card space.

If I was not so anal about sound, I would consider it.  As it is now, I'd like to go uncompressed, but I'm living with Hifi MT2.

JTE

-I'd like to be able to record, simultaneously, from any two inputs I chose, not just the built in mic and gtr. ie the line in and the built in mic.

-And is it just me or does this thing eat batteries at an alarming rate? So why not a rechargable battery that the AC adaptor charges up. And include the adaptor, please.

-As for the effects, if you could assign 4 to the tr buttons and then be able to select between them  on the fly with the tr 1-4 buttons (or with the foot switch others have suggested?).  then you may also be able to select multiple (up to four effects at once) And you could use the value or cursor buttons to switch between banks of preseleted effects.

-Bass tracks to go with the drums would be nice.

Quote from: JTE-I'd like to be able to record, simultaneously, from any two inputs I chose, not just the built in mic and gtr. ie the line in and the built in mic.

I'm new to the BR (only started using it this evening), but when I ran into this I was pretty disappointed.  I really wanted to be able to record the guitar input and an external MIC (for vocals or a stereo acoustic effect) at the same time.   

Any way around this?

Oldrottenhead

you can record from the guitar input and the internal mic, the internal mic gives great results.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Greeny

I found (last night!) that recording an acoustic guitar through the internal mic is great for getting both the guitar and backing vocals onto one track. There was a nice natural space / distance on the backing vocals doing it that way.

Tony G

Quote from: Mach on August 26, 2008, 04:55:09 PM
Quote from: Blooby on August 26, 2008, 04:30:15 PMA single button that would improve my playing significantly would also be nice.

Blooby
Yeah just add one of these to the fx please.

AS A MATTER OF FACT... I HAVE ONE OF THOSE... PLAY WITH IT EVERYTIME... WORKS PRETTY GOOD TOO.

beleg

You know what would also be nice, if when you renamed a song, the folder name on the flash disk changed. When I make backups of songs on my computer, the folders are just called "song000001... etc" . this means that I have to load it into the BR to find out what song it is. I would like to be able to choose what song I want to load on the machine without having to hear it first. 

64Guitars

Quote from: beleg on September 24, 2008, 11:14:13 AMWhen I make backups of songs on my computer, the folders are just called "song000001... etc" . this means that I have to load it into the BR to find out what song it is.

Have you tried BR Explorer?

It allows you to browse to any backup folder on your hard drive (or anywhere else) and see all the song titles, plus lots of other information about each song. You can also rename the song, add a long, descriptive title and notes, and much more. You can download BR Explorer (free) here:

https://songcrafters.org/64guitars/BR/BRX/index.html

It's designed for Windows, but it will also run in Linux under Wine.

Another way to find the title of a song is to open the SONGINF2.BR0 file in an editor. The title is at file offset 48. But make sure you don't save the file, as it's binary and saving it from a text editor or word processor, for example, will mess up the data and make it unreadable to the BR.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

beleg