Country Heaven...by Neil Swanson.(.cp2o1o B.M.I)

Started by SwanSong, March 15, 2010, 10:09:00 AM

SwanSong

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

THIS song i wrote while laid up in the hospital . lasst week with a foot infection gout
and cellulitus. doing better now . but sitll neeed rest and recovery with tons of meds
at home re antibiotics..and gout meds...lo...while laying in bed. this song hit me like
a brick. so worte down the chords. and threw it together this past weekend. my first
attempt at this genre , so dont b to harsh on me. and getting tht guitar effect going
country rock. when in hospital i said i wish i were in gods country not here. so i called
THIS SONG Country Heaven. think it has a good start and beat will b adding lyricsa dn
vocals later on . thanks for listening hopeu like it . take care NEIL............................

geir thans for the e mail peae is a great song and will b doing the strings sometime this week
anxious to see how it all fits together. so far sounds great. started b efore i i was admitted
to hospital last week.

SwanSong

COUNTRY HEAVEN BY NEIL SWANSON
Time:
0:00
Volume:
PS. sorry forgot to upload song lo. must still b tired from meds . so here it is .
hope u like it see previous post. take care NEIL SWANSON ......................

Greeny

That's a really hot, driving riff you have going there. Good solid country rock. You need some vocals on this! Great work.

Ted

I like the guitar tone.  Telecaster?

The keyboard kind over overpowers everything.  Maybe bring it down in the next mix--the one with the vocals!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Oldrottenhead

i hope you are keeping well neil, this has a nice driving rhythm
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Redler

Well played country song SwanSong! I agree with Greeny; this would be even better with vocals, perhaps with female vocals... Is Wiley still here?? :)

- Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

SwanSong

thanks all for the comments.. hey kari if u want to try vocals. go ahead and write
some lyrics lo. or if anyone know s someone who wants to collaborate..
will tone down keyboard on the vocal mix. but wanted a hard driving rythem
at the begging. of the song. to grab listeners attention. i guess it worked lo
in final mix. there will b improvemetns. re layering of tracks. and mixing.
of keyboards..again thanks for your comments. just had to record this
in my head laying in the hospital and thanks for the well wishes......cheers.!

Redler

Quote from: SwanSong on March 15, 2010, 11:00:55 AMhey kari if u want to try vocals. go ahead and write
some lyrics lo. or if anyone know s someone who wants to collaborate..

Thanks SwanSong, but I have written vocals only in Finnish. I don't mind ruin someone other's tunes :)

( I'm struggling with my first English lyrics - but on someday I'll make and sing it...or if someone has 'leftover' lyrics, you can send them to me... sorry, off topic)

- Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

launched

Very cool song, Neil - I like it a lot!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Ferryman

That guitar is real nice, really gives the country twang to this. I like the drums here, did you program them or use loops off the keyboard? They really help give it a good driving feel. Looking forward to how this develops.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR