Good acoustic settings?

Started by Strider44, August 09, 2008, 01:02:33 PM

Strider44

IM using electro acoustic... anyone got any reccomendations for which effects/patches/settings to get a really full, natural making-your-cheap-acoustic-sound-expensive sound???

thanks,

SteveG

Compression!!!!!! EQ obviously, but I always use a fair bit of compression on acoustic stuff, strumming anyway, and liven it back up with eq, verb, jangly master preset etc. Try bouncing with hard or soft compression and mastering with live or jangly.

guitarron

i try to record without anything if possible, then add compression and eq later only if it really needs it

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

beleg

Maybe someone could post a few examples. I.e. the same chords, first dry, then with compression, and then with compression + eq. this way we could see/hear what the micro BR is capable of doing to the sound of an acoustic.

Indiana

Quote from: SteveG on August 09, 2008, 07:27:12 PMTry bouncing with hard or soft compression and mastering with live or jangly.

Can you bounce with the compression or do you master twice; using compression first time and the live/jangly preset second time?
<><

SteveG

Can you bounce with the compression or do you master twice; using compression first time and the live/jangly preset second time?
[/quote]

You can bounce with it. I tend to bounce in the master setting anyway as it over-rides any other settings I have left on, such as effect location. Just don't export the mix.