Bouncing and Mastering

Started by Tangled Wires, August 08, 2008, 01:35:19 PM

Tangled Wires

Hello,

I am currently recording a track, and have used the 4 virtual tracks with acoustic guitar, electric rythym guitar, lead guitar and some keyboard. If I bounce these to one track, i am unsure as to how this works at mastering stage, as I am assuming that you will not be able to adjust individual parts of the bounce track (eg just the rythym guitar), as this will now be effectively one track.

On another point, I want to record a lead guitar only using one track, but want to use a different effect on this towards the end of the song. Can this be done on one track, ot would I have to create another track and record the part with the different effect on the that.

Many thanks

recorder
Boss Micro BR

SteveG

Quick reply...

You are right, it will be one stereo track on 2 of the MBR's tracks. If you work up the v tracks as you bounce you will still have the original takes and will be able to "reuse" them on top, make notes!!!

On the lead guitar bit just set a punch in by pressing a/b at the point you want to start the new effect, and again at the end, then select AUTO. Rewind a bit and hit record (selecting the same track) and play. Will not record till it gets to the pre-set start point, and will stop recording at the end. Remember that the level of the new effect may be different and adjust accordingly.