BOUNCING TRACKS

Started by 13STARZ+, January 10, 2008, 08:33:36 AM

13STARZ+

IS IT POSSIBLE TO BOUNCE 3 TRACKS ONTO 1 IN ORDER TO FREE UP THE OTHER 3 TRACKS AGAIN?

Oldrottenhead

you can actually bounce four tracks to two virtual tracks doing a stereo mix.

record your tracks then pan and set their volume levels. then click exit and utility together till screen shows bounce, then use the cursor to get to track selection and choose the virtual tracks you wan to bounce recordings to. for example if your recordings are on v1 tracks 1 2 3 and 4 set the target tracks to 12v2, that means you will send the tracks to virtual tracks v2 1 and 2 , to do this return song to start and select record and play tracks, is best to listen to song to get optimum mix before bouncing. hope that helps.
lots of help and tutorials at
http://microrecorders.org/articles.html
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

13STARZ+

THANKS, LOOKS LIKE IVE GOT A BUSY EVENING AHEAD  :D

guitarhead

Hey, what I'm doing on the tune I'm working on is that I bounce tr1v1, tr2v1, tr3v1 and tr4v1 into tr1v2 and tr2v2, and when I'm recording new stuff on tr3v2 and tr4v2, I bounce all of the v2-tracks into tr1v1 and tr2v1, and go on, switching back and forth between the v1 and v2. What's the most normal way to do it?

Pedro

Quote from: guitarhead on January 29, 2008, 01:32:25 PMHey, what I'm doing on the tune I'm working on is that I bounce tr1v1, tr2v1, tr3v1 and tr4v1 into tr1v2 and tr2v2, and when I'm recording new stuff on tr3v2 and tr4v2, I bounce all of the v2-tracks into tr1v1 and tr2v1, and go on, switching back and forth between the v1 and v2. What's the most normal way to do it?

That's a pretty quick and intuitive way to do it!

guitarhead

Quote from: admin on January 29, 2008, 01:43:03 PM
Quote from: guitarhead on January 29, 2008, 01:32:25 PMHey, what I'm doing on the tune I'm working on is that I bounce tr1v1, tr2v1, tr3v1 and tr4v1 into tr1v2 and tr2v2, and when I'm recording new stuff on tr3v2 and tr4v2, I bounce all of the v2-tracks into tr1v1 and tr2v1, and go on, switching back and forth between the v1 and v2. What's the most normal way to do it?

That's a pretty quick and intuitive way to do it!

Ok, thanks :)

64Guitars

You have the right idea. However, with 8 v-tracks per track, there's no need to bounce back to v1. Bounce your v2 tracks to v3 instead. That way, if you later decide that your first bounce wasn't quite mixed right, you can do it again because the original v-tracks are still there (v1). No sense burning your bridges. So, until you've used up all 32 v-tracks, you shouldn't over-write earlier v-tracks. Use some empty v-tracks instead.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Pedro

Quote from: 64Guitars on January 29, 2008, 02:06:45 PM

You have the right idea. However, with 8 v-tracks per track, there's no need to bounce back to v1. Bounce your v2 tracks to v3 instead. That way, if you later decide that your first bounce wasn't quite mixed right, you can do it again because the original v-tracks are still there (v1). No sense burning your bridges. So, until you've used up all 32 v-tracks, you shouldn't over-write earlier v-tracks. Use some empty v-tracks instead.

I always erase the original virtual tracks so I don't get confuse, I guess I'm just not a virtual track fan  :D.
But I must say that more than one time I've wished I hadn't erased the original tracks... On complex songs it pays off on the long run.