Hello

Started by Moobox, February 09, 2010, 02:19:13 AM

From South Africa and just acquired Boss Micro BR. Play mostly acoustic so I need to get a microphone I guess. Any ideas? Was thinking along the lines of Shure or Sennheiser but I really dont have a clue. Anyway, was scouting around and stumbled across this forum and happy about that as I will now start scouring to check what people get up to with a Micro BR.

Cheers

Oldrottenhead

you will be suprised at the recordings you can get from the onboard mic.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Groundy

I use the on board mic, but have just bought the micro br mic that plugs into the end of the unit, its brilliant...ALEX :) :)

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Geir

Hi and welcome from Norway !

I almost only use the built in mic, (as many of us do) James ("Oldrottenhead" a quite misleading name) is right, the results can be amazing ... listen to some of the post from the ongoing "unplugged fest" and judge for yourself.

cheers
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Flash Harry

We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

bannybassman

Welcome aboard!
I agree with all the others, you can get some really good quality recordings from the on-board mics (as you can see from some of the posts on this site, especially some of the "unplugged feast" entries) there really is no point spending loads of money on an external mic.
Look forward to hearing some of your stuff!!
"A guitarist spends half his life tuning, and the other half playing out of tune"