can i use Micro Br with computer and audacity

Started by Stan, October 06, 2009, 10:01:00 AM

Tony W

Stan the Man! I made 2 videos. There was some down time on importing tracks, and the file sizes are huge. I'm hoping your email provider will allow large file formats. If not I'll see what else I can do to get you the files. I have a website that I've not developed yet..... ugh that will be some work.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Stan

can i use the Micro in that way and get the recording off via MP3 by mastering the song? ?
[/quote]

No worries- should work just fine using Mastering mode.
[/quote]

this issue i have with this is that i can never find the backing track i've recorded over,
the process seems intended for a newly recorded song not one saved already, at least that has been my experience, but alas i will give your advice another try

Stan

Quote from: Tony W on October 06, 2009, 08:21:57 PMStan the Man! I made 2 videos. There was some down time on importing tracks, and the file sizes are huge. I'm hoping your email provider will allow large file formats. If not I'll see what else I can do to get you the files. I have a website that I've not developed yet..... ugh that will be some work.

TonyW

thank you thank you, your video came thru just fine :)

i will give your video a look see and get back to you,

you guys are the best and of course this forum is priceless

Tony W

Stan, I'm dying to know if it worked yet! I'll do a follow up vid on mastering, but I don't think you'll need it. We can walk through that one via email.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Glenn Mitchell

I'm not sure if it's been said.. but you do need to Import the MP3's to the recording mode side right?
It could be you are playing along with the MP3's in MP3 mode?
Hence not able to record etc?
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Cakewalk Sonar platinum

https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks

Tony W

I think that's what it was Glenn. I cut a video which was ridiculously hard since I used my onboard webcam on the laptop. I watched my hands on the monitor so every movement was upside down and backwards... I have covered everything up to and not including mastering.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Stan

Quote from: Tony W on October 07, 2009, 12:44:16 PMStan, I'm dying to know if it worked yet! I'll do a follow up vid on mastering, but I don't think you'll need it. We can walk through that one via email.

hello tony and again thanks for your video, however some while ago Steve did a video of exactly the same process of recording over backing tracks which i'm able to do,

my question still stands, after i've done what you and steve showed in the videos, how do i get what i've recorded over my mp3 backing track, convert  it to mp3 and then off the Micro to my computer?

64Guitars

Mp3 mode is not really meant for what you're doing. It can record from an input, but I suspect that it won't record the backing with it. In any case, whatever you've recorded will be in the MP3 folder of the memory card. Unless you've renamed it, the filename will be "BR_xxx.mp3", where "xxx" is a 3-digit number. You can copy that file to your computer using the procedure described on pages 103 and 104 of the Micro BR manual.

If you want to record yourself playing along with an MP3, you really ought to learn how to import the MP3 to the multitrack side of the Micro BR (see this page). Then you can record one or more tracks of yourself playing along with the MP3 and mix the whole thing properly. Multitrack side also gives you access to the reverb effect which isn't available in MP3 mode.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

Tony W

He was definitely recording in song mode. That was a bad assumption on my part.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR