BR 1600 going mobile

Started by longjourneyhome, October 01, 2009, 09:16:49 AM

longjourneyhome

Has anyone had success or problems taking their BR 1600 out of their studio/home on a regular basis?  Sure would like to have a padded bag or something. The value knobs and the input sens knobs in particular seem fragile.

Although the functionality of the BR 1600 is awesome, I personally find the visual aesthetics (colors) unappealing. And the tactile feel of the buttons a bit unsatisfying. "I love this box, but dang it's ugly" goes through my head each time I sit down in front it.. ::)  Regardless, still have much to discover about the BR 1600 and looking forward to learning it. 

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss BR-1600

Blooby

Although I record a live band with it, the BR-1600 doesn't leave on a "regular basis" as I generally record at my house.  That being said, it's been out of the house about 50 times or so without incident.  I admit I'm like a mother with a newborn when it's out and about.

Good luck...whatever your intentions.

Peace.

Blooby

By the way, I think it looks just spiffy.

longjourneyhome

Thanks, Blooby! Glad to hear that.

I will be doing the same - recording a live band.  I am looking around for options for a padded bag of some kind. Like maybe laptop bag. Don't know.

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss BR-1600

SdC

Some rough estimates of equipment damage:
60% during transport; tossed around, squashed (the bandvan is always too small for that darn drumkit+the rest). Easily preventable with a Flightcase, with snug foam padding keeping the BR in place. A must if you ever need to rely on others to move/store/setup your BR.
30% drink spillage. Keep  at least 1 person around you sober.
10% bad placement. A bar stool is generally NOT a good place to set it up on.

As far as the BR's roadworthiness; it's no more or less fragile than a synth, DJ turntable or any Roland/BOSS gear for that matter. Treat it with due care and attention, and it'll do the job.

A padded bag sounds way too flimsy for me. For hauliing to livingroom sessions on the backseat of my own car, ok, but NOT for public transport or the Band Van.

recorder
Boss BR-600