From 4/4 to 2/4

Started by touny, August 10, 2009, 12:14:39 PM

touny

Do you know how to change rhythm patterns from 4/4 to 2/4?

Thanks.

launched

Hey touny! Unfortunately, you can't change the time signature on an MBR. Only 4/4 time is available. There are workarounds, though. Ted has a great on in the MBR tutorials - Definitely check that out!

There are all kinds of metronome time signatures, so you would be able to record music and then lay down drum tracks later with a computer, MIDI or (Urk) real drums!!

It is one of the bummers of the MBR

Later,

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

touny

Thanks Mark.

Do you know if any of the other BR recorders solved this problem?

launched

I think so - Starting with the 600. You can even use the BR Rhythm Editor starting with the 900, which allows you to compose drum sounds on a computer and then load a file on the unit.

Go to 64Guitar's BR website to find more info on each particular model.

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

64Guitars

All of the BRs contain only 4/4 patterns in their presets, except the BR-1200 which has 2 preset patterns in 5/4 and 3 in 6/8, and the BR-1600 which has 3 patterns in 5/4 and 4 in 6/8. But all of the BRs except the Micro BR, BR-532, and BR-8 allow you to create your own custom patterns in any time signature.

You can also create custom patterns and arrangements using the free BR Rhythm Editor software from Roland. It creates files which are compatible with the BR-600, BR-900CD, and BR-864. But you can also play the patterns and arrangements from the BR Rhythm Editor on your computer and record it to a stereo WAV file. You could then import that WAV file to a Micro BR or any other recorder. Of course, the drums will use up a pair of tracks and you won't be able to edit the arrangement on the BR, but you'll be able to create much better arrangements with the BR Rhythm Editor software, and in any time signatures you like.

To use the BR Rhythm Editor without an attached BR-600/900/864, download Fake_BR-900.zip and unzip it to the root directory of any drive (a USB flash drive is handy for this). This creates a ROLAND folder containing the files and sub-folders needed by the BR Rhythm Editor.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website