Creating custom sound patches!

Started by foolofremorse, July 30, 2009, 04:08:56 PM

Hello, I've downloaded the Micro Br Patch Documenter, but don't understand how to input the newly created patches into my micro br recorder, as it only lets me copy them. This has probably been mentioned before but since I couldn't find the topic I started a new thread. Please help or link to a related issue :)
Thanks.

Oldrottenhead

i'd like advice on that too. i have saved a couple of nice patches for vocals but i'm buggered on how to share them
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

I need to learn how to modify the effects, because when I use line in on my amp into the pc, sound becomes horrible, and it doesn't happen with the micro br. But the original effects don't cut it for my pc recordings, so need to learn how to tweak them :)

launched

Quote from: oldrottenhead on July 30, 2009, 04:11:09 PMi'd like advice on that too. i have saved a couple of nice patches for vocals but i'm buggered on how to share them

Yeah, I'd like to know the vocal patch settings for the song we did - couldn't figure out how do dial them in by listening.
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

64Guitars

Quote from: foolofremorse on July 30, 2009, 04:08:56 PMHello, I've downloaded the Micro Br Patch Documenter, but don't understand how to input the newly created patches into my micro br recorder, as it only lets me copy them.

Micro BR Patch Documenter isn't for creating new patches. It's for documenting patches you've already created on your Micro BR and sharing them with others by posting the patch details as plain text.

If you want to try a patch that someone has posted, just follow the directions on pages 62 and 63 of the Micro BR manual to edit an existing patch and enter the values of the new patch. Then save the patch in the User or Song bank by following the directions on pages 63 and 64.

You can't write to Preset patches, so you don't have to worry about accidentally changing them. It isn't possible.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

Thank you very much, will get creating now!
Denis.

64Guitars

Quote from: oldrottenhead on July 30, 2009, 04:11:09 PMi have saved a couple of nice patches for vocals but i'm buggered on how to share them

Download Micro BR Patch Documenter and install it on your Windows PC. It's very easy to use. Instructions are on the web page. Basically, you select a patch from the list on the left (click tabs to change patch banks), and the details of the selected patch are displayed on the right as plain text. Click the "Copy" button and that plain text will be copied to the Windows clipboard. Now you can create a new message on BossBR.net and paste the text into the message.

Give it a try. Then, if you have any questions, let me know.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig