need help with the BR-864

Started by (JAL), July 17, 2009, 12:14:57 AM

(JAL)

Quote from: SteveB on July 22, 2009, 03:50:39 AM
Quote from: (JAL) on July 22, 2009, 03:07:59 AMum when i play the drum patterns it only plays then for a measure or two.
im still tryin to figure out how to tweak an individual effect. (speed up or slow down a delay)
ive figured out how to record things. but they get broken up when i try to put them on my pc. do i have to mix everything onto one track before i transfer it?

JAL - Well to answer your last question first, I don't know, because I've never transfered a track or part-song to a computer. Someone will know, or it will probably say in the User's manual.

If you press the Rhythm Guide button, until the Pattern light is on, you will then get a selection of 'parts-of-a-Pattern' to play. That is: Intro, Verse1, Fill1, Verse2, Fill2, End. Rotating the Shuttle Wheel will advance the Patterns until you come to the 'Break (silence)' at the end. I think there are a couple of hundred Patterns, so there's lots to be playing with. These Patterns will keep on playing until you press 'Stop'.

With the 'Loop Effects' 'EQ' etc, these too are Increased/Decreased by using the large Black Shuttle Wheel.

Does that Info help for the time being?

yes it does...thanx!

SteveB

JAL - Nice to hear that. Any other questions, please ask. We'll solve it one way or another.   ;)
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

(JAL)

seems like noone uses this particular model much... is it old or obsolete?

64Guitars

There are still a few people using the BR-864, including me. It was replaced by the BR-900CD in 2005 and has been overshadowed by newer machines like the 900, 600, and Micro BR, but the BR-864 is still a good machine.

Have you looked at my website yet? Most of it was written with the BR-864 in mind, although I've also tried to make allowances for users of the newer machines. Actually, all of the BRs are very similar in features and operation. Any differences are usually minor and pretty obvious. So don't just look for BR-864 info. Read about all of the BRs and try to apply what you learn to your 864. You'll find that the BR-600 and BR-900CD are especially similar to the BR-864.

ProAudioDVDs makes good DVD video tutorials for the BR series of recorders. Unfortunately, they never made one for the BR-864. But you might find their BR-900CD tutorial helpful. Just ignore the section on using the CD burner (the 864 doesn't have one) and make allowances for the 864's banked faders. Here's a sample:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_17bGX8kKVI

Of course, the sound and video quality are much better on the actual DVD than they are in this YouTube video.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website