version 2

Started by merculus, July 15, 2009, 05:11:49 PM

merculus

Hey, i'm new here but i've had my BR-900CD for a year or so now. As you all know money is short at the moment and so i'm (reluctantly) looking to sell it on ebay however i've seen 'version 2' written on most of the adverts for others who are also selling BR-900CD's. I was just wondering if the version 2 is a recent upgrade of my one because the box, manual, everything looks exactly the same? I just want to make sure i don't end up listing something falsely!

Thanks a lot

64Guitars

The hardware of the BR-900 version 2 is the same as the original BR-900. They only upgraded the firmware (operating system and effects patches). Fortunately, you can download the version 2 upgrade from Boss and install it in your BR-900, making it essentially a BR-900 version 2. However, to be completely honest, I think you should advertise it as a "BR-900 which was recently upgraded to version 2" rather than a "BR-900 version 2".

http://www.bosscorp.co.jp/products/en/_support/dld.cfm?iCncd=3415&ln=EN&SearchBy=RcId&dst=P&iRcId=0000022346&dsp=1&iStcd=4

Instructions are in the Readme files at the bottom of that page.

Version 2 was announced in January 2008 and started shipping shortly after. So, if you've only had your BR-900 one year and bought it new, it might already have version 2. To find out, switch the power on while simultaneously pressing the CURSOR < and > buttons. See this page:

https://songcrafters.org/64guitars/BR/Tutorials/FirmwareVersion.html

If your BR-900 is version 2.0, you should update it to 2.12, as there was a problem with version 2.0. See this page:

http://www.roland.com/support/en/BR-900CD.html

By the way, we don't allow personal advertising on this site. You said you're planning to sell your BR-900 on eBay, which is fine. I just thought I'd warn you in case you get any ideas about advertising it here.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

SteveB

Quote from: merculus on July 15, 2009, 05:11:49 PM...As you all know money is short at the moment...

MCS - Hello there. I sympathise with your cash-flow plight, believe me, you're NOT alone with this problem. Obviously, I don't know you or your personal circumstances, but, do you not have a Great Aunt that you could sell on Ebay instead?  Once you let this beautiful machine go (And don't forget, you'll get NOWHERE near what you paid for it!), and if recording your music has meant anything to you, you'll regret it the moment you part company with your 900. Everytime you Log-On here and listen to some of the stunning work being produced, your heart will ache. I have the BR900 Ver1, and upgraded it via the Roland/Boss website to Ver2: the upgrade gives you extra patches and a Drum Editor to work on your PC etc. I also have the BR1200, but would still NOT sell or otherwise get rid of my 900. What about selling a body organ??

The best of luck overcoming your current difficulty.

STB

recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

Diego Ayala

Hey, Merculus!  I was mentioning to my brother about the br series and microbr - his son AJ (darn good guitar player - 17yrs old) thinking about getting started w/ recording.

They are living in North Carolina right now - maybe you folks can talk to each other => if they are interested in buying the br900 = I sent them some links and told them about this most excellent unit (I have one) and the forum!

If, there was a way to talk you into not selling it, but keeping it!  Like SteveB says...

I have been in the short of cash dilema - and have gone as far as sellin some of my music gear-which truly hurts...  but, like my wife says - "things will get better, and you'll be able to replace in time"...  And, of all things it happens every time I have had to get rid of some gear (a lot of it) => 3 times in the last 25 years - and eventualy start re-stocking!

Let me know if you would be interested in going this route with my brother/nephew!