I Can't Stop Loving You (des0free covers Taylor Swift covering Phil Collins)

Started by des0free, September 14, 2024, 02:06:58 PM

des0free

I Can't Stop Loving You (Phil Collins cover by des0free)
Time:
0:00
Volume:
After my last cover of the Beatles 1958 first recording it only seemed natural to do a cover of Taylor Swift's 2019 cover of Phil Collins 2002 cover of a 1978 Leo Sayer song.

Actually, it is just a cover of Phil's 2002 cover - I didn't know until checking YouTube that Taylor covered it.  I just put Taylor in the post title as clickbait ;D

It was hard to learn the cadence of the vocal and I had to lower the key a half step and do many takes to get it close to right.  I also increased the tempo relative to the original.

Equipment:
- Taylor GS mini acoustic guitar (double tracked) recorded by AT4040 mic
- Fender Telecaster (triple tracked) into Amplitube Fender Princeton Reverb Amp plugin
- Fender Mustang Bass into Amplitube SVX-Pro Bass Amp plugin
- Vocals recorded by AT4040 mic into CLA vocals plugin
- EZ Drummer 1.0 plugin
- Recorded with Tascam US-2x2HR interface into Reaper
- Mastered with Focusrite FAST plugins and Waves J37 Tape
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Zoom R24
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Farrell Jackson

I'm not familiar with this song Doug but the recording sounds so full and fun. Not any holes in the mix at all. The chorus section is real catchy with all your vocals. Nicely done!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

StephenM

I really love the chugging bass and guitars strummed against that.  A great way to create rhythm and the drums can be minimal, as these are, and still be so great.  This is a real nice mix and production Doug...super actually.

you got everything though in your vocals... so sincere.  so believable... so hungry. 

nice work... real nice

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Jean Pierre

Very good production Doug
The Z drummer 1.O plug-in...I'm going to try it out, it seems just right.

I also like the heart vocals. Did you make them yourself using re-recording or a vocal processor, or Melodyne?
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

Zoltan

Clickbait, jailbait... It's all the same. I got already conned by hearing the song. I mean this ain't Elvis?

But yeah we can't stop loving hearing songs from Doug so all is forgiven :D

A song i'm unfamiliar with, but a one that's hugely enjoyable. At least your version.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

the physics teacher

I do have an electric bass and guitar, i do have an acoustic guitar. I even have a keyboard and a Roland drum set What I seem to miss is skills. So to cure my at least 40y frustration I dicovered my instrument being my voice. So I finaly had the nerve to take singing lessons and make my voice heared thanks to Songcrafters.