Newbie from england stuck on bouncing!

Started by ijwhite, July 04, 2009, 05:21:42 PM

ijwhite

Hi guys, i hope this doesnt sound too basic, but ive just recorded 3 tracks of guitars and a vocal, all fine, i wanted to bounce two of the tracks which i thought would free up 2 of the initial tracks, when i followed the manual and tried to record a solo it recorded over myh original recording,

I thought the bounced track would "move over" to allow for [trk1] new recording,,....please help

launched

First, Welcome to the most excellent BR forum!!!

Your problem is common (With me anyway  :D).

When in the main mode( After pressing the Exit button several times), hit a TR key and scroll to the right with the CURSOR button until you reach the VTreack section. The proper Vtracks must be selected to hear/play on.

Bounces do not "move over" - The new tracks to be recorded over must be selected.

If you get messed up, keep pinging us back - we'll get you rigged up whatever it takes!!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

ijwhite

Thanks for the warm welcome, what great simple advice, shame the manual doesnt say that!

Thanks again very grateful ;D

SteveB

IJW - Yessiree, welcome to the Forum. And as Launched points out, these are problems that we ALL encounter, no matter what the model of BR we have. So you are unlikely to be stuck for an answer for long from someone on here. Keep plugging away, and good luck.
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

The Reverend 48

ijwhite

Thanks for the hello 48!

Cheers for all the friendly advice

Geir

Welcome ijwhite !! Sure you'll feel at home here. There are some great tutorials on this site too. Be sure to check them out.

cheers
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Greeny

Welcome from London! I can't advise on bouncing as I'm one of the more 'technically challenged' members here, but you'll figure it out!

Tony W

One day I will know what bouncing is, in the meantime, welcome to the forum.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

OsCKilO

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy