A cover - Never Far Away --- Jack White; ar: dayala

Started by Diego Ayala, July 03, 2009, 11:54:42 PM

Diego Ayala

Never far away_JW
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Here is one more tune for you using the br900 - just figuring things out...  It is actualy fun just playing with the unit and then trying to cover some of the blurbs...  As a general rule I don't pipe my voice and sing, but there are a few songs that I do enjoy singing to.  This arrangement is for all of the folks who are away from friends/family and love ones in general - especialy those in the military of any country that are fighting for whatever reasons & for what they believe to be right - or have been told it is the right thing --- war is a horrible thing (for both sides) - just imagining what it would feel like to cling to those thoughts and memories of loved ones when everything is falling apart all around you...  Hope you enjoy the arrangement!

Bluesberry

Nice one Diego, you should sing more, you have a captivating voice.  Bring it up in the mix more, nothing to hide here, its great.  Nice guitar playing, real nice.  Excellent job with this.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Diego Ayala

I know, my wife tells me the same thing - I was never realy interested in that aspect of music, just liked harmony/melody and anything else I can put inbetween --- vocals is something very new to me - thanks for the comments!!!  You know, @ Church I'll sing my heart out - as I know I am forgiven! ha....

launched

That is some great playing, Diego!! And Jack White would be envious of your excellent vocal performance. I would raise them a little, too.

Cool!!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

guitarron

Quote from: Bluesberry on July 04, 2009, 07:34:56 PMNice one Diego, you should sing more, you have a captivating voice.  Bring it up in the mix more, nothing to hide here, its great.  Nice guitar playing, real nice.  Excellent job with this.

agreed nice playing and singing-i'd bring the levels up earlier in the tune-2nd half of tune has good level
doesn anyone hear snippets of three blind mice-lol
really good tracks

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Greeny

This is lovely. Boost those levels up (on the first half, anyway), because your great vocals are lost. We often say on this forum that 'less is more', and this is a good example of how brilliant a stripped-down acoustic song can be. It really is excellent.

Diego Ayala

Quote from: guitarron on July 05, 2009, 07:39:14 PMdoesn anyone hear snippets of three blind mice-lol
really good tracks

Three blind mice...  Funny you should say that - many times that I have included this song on my repertoir of live performances (I do not have many songs I sing to - so add this to break the monotony) have many people that'll come up afterwards and tell me - man, I thought you were going to do 3 blind mice - ha!  I suppose that Jack W. hybridized it for the soundtrack for "Cold Mountain" - or maybe is pure coincidence!  Three blind mice.......

OsCKilO

I wondered where you posted your stuff!

This is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome Guitar!

Your Vox is great!

I often try not to put the voice up too high because I want People to hear the Guitar, as the most effort was put into it.....  Are you guilty of this here?

I Think your vox is worthy of more exposure on this track!
It is great and dreamy!

Peace Bro

T(Osckilo)

"Three Blind Mice"......Lol
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Diego Ayala

Quote from: osckilo on July 17, 2009, 07:01:53 PMI wondered where you posted your stuff!

This is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome Guitar!

Your Vox is great!

I often try not to put the voice up too high because I want People to hear the Guitar, as the most effort was put into it.....  Are you guilty of this here?

I Think your vox is worthy of more exposure on this track!
It is great and dreamy!

Peace Bro

T(Osckilo)

"Three Blind Mice"......Lol

Thanks Osc - much appreciated!  For some reason I have never been interested in singing - but giving it a try, and keep pushing myself to do it more often.  Yeah, I try to accentuate the guitar and since a bit self-concious about my vox, well the vox gets hidden a bit -ha!

Take care!!!

Frank53

Beautiful guitar playing, Diego, and I agree with the others, there's nothing wrong with your voice. In fact, you should bring it up in the mix a little. Great work!

Frank
There are only three kinds of drummers. Those who can count, and those who can't.