Het Dorp by a Dutch actor,singer and cabaretier Wim Sonneveld Piano Deon

Started by the physics teacher, May 23, 2024, 06:42:10 AM

the physics teacher

Het dorp, Wim Sonneveld-piano Deon
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I asked a student at my school where I teach Physics to play for me this song.
I knew he was a briljant pianoplayer because I had seen him perform on the same night at school where I was performing Creep from Radiohead. He sad that it was no problem so here it is on mp3.
In the sixties seventies Wim Sonneveld was a very popular comedian.

I discovered that it was difficult to sing the way Wim did but it is what it is.
The song is about an old man reminiscing about old times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTrzuKEimA8
I do have an elektic bass and guitar, i do have an acoustic guitar. I even have a keyboard and a Roland drum set What I seem to miss is skills. So to cure my at least 40y frustration I dicovered my instrument being my voice. So I finaly had the nerve to take singing lessons and make my voice heared thanks to Songcrafters.

Jean Pierre

superbe Carné et felicitez votre eleves au pinano ...une belle chanson de notre illustre Jean Ferrat
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

StephenM

mesmerizing and beautiful!  so good!  so much passion in the keys and the voice...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

des0free

Not too often I hear singing in Dutch, but I like it very much (although supposedly I learned a little Dutch when I was 10 years old as my family spent a year in northern Belgium).  Quite pleasant combination of piano and voice here, were they recorded together, or the piano first and voice overdubbed?
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Zoom R24
recorder
Boss Micro BR

the physics teacher

Thank you all. The piano came first and voice overdubbed. Fun to read you know a few dutch words des0free.Can I assume that you remember swear words and if so can you name one ;) 
I do have an elektic bass and guitar, i do have an acoustic guitar. I even have a keyboard and a Roland drum set What I seem to miss is skills. So to cure my at least 40y frustration I dicovered my instrument being my voice. So I finaly had the nerve to take singing lessons and make my voice heared thanks to Songcrafters.

Mike_S

This sounds like a very tough one to sing. I think you did a tremendous job. A fine song too.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Blooby

I love that such a variety of music shows up on this site. Beautiful rendering of this.

Blooby

kenny mac

I totally oblivious to what your singing as I dont speak dutch but I can appreciate the lovely performance here,what a lovely piece of piano playing.
This is topped off by the vocal giving it a lovely charm.
Nice collaboration.