Hello and a Question

Started by ll-FooFighter-ll, July 01, 2009, 06:28:25 AM

ll-FooFighter-ll

Hello everyone! nice forum here... tidy :)

anyway, i would like some opinions on what type of BR i should buy?
i have to say the Micro BR looks fantastic and is highly rated.
with Thomann its 195euro or 205euro with the T-bone bundle.
should i get one of these or can someone recommend another model?

i'll mostly be using it at home practicing, jamming and recording bits and pieces, and possibly with my band.

thanks and hello again from the Emerald Isle
also my PSN ID

guitarron

welcomw
i like all the br series-they all have features that seem to fit certain uses
i feel the br600 gives the most bang for the buck- i like the fact you can edit the drum patterns and load your own drum sounds-the faders are a plus too

i own a microbr as well-it gets a lot a use outside the studio

if your gonna use midi-you may want to consider a 900 on up

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Greeny

It probably comes down to portability. If you want a studio you can fit in your pocket, then the Micro is the one for you. I'm pretty biased because the BR Micro is a major part of my life, but I'm sure you wouldn't be disappointed with it. Have a listen to the post your work threads, as everyone is producing great music on all the BR variations.

Oh- and welcome!!!

Bro

Hello from Denmark, I have never tried anything else than the micro br.

But i love it. So i'd say get a Micro Br.
If you loose track over a chord progression, play as fast as you possibly can. Nobody will know. Thats how they invented bebop.

SteveB

FFII -Hello there and welcome. You only have to listen to some of the output created by the Forum Members here (From the Micro to the BR1600), to realise that, whatever you buy, if you're prepared to put the work in, then as sure as there's Guinness in Dublin, the work will come out. Good luck with your decision.  ;)
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

launched

Hey Hey from New Hampshire USA!!

I think the MBR and the BR600 are great units if you want some form of poartability.

I bought an MBR to record live shows and mess around with - Now I'm addicted and try to make the best recordings I can with it. Check the postings of Ferryman_1957, AndyR, Hooper and of course Greeny. All done with an MBR, a true palm sized studio.

The BR600 is a bigger unit with more features, but it is still very portable, running on flash cards and batteries. There are two built in mics and four more playback tracks for less bouncing - and a step programmable drum machine. The only other one that I would personally buy.

If you don't record in your living room/bedroom and could care less about portability, maybe look into the higher level units.

Good luck and have fun,

Mark

"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

ll-FooFighter-ll

Kudos to you all...

i think i will be going for the Micro BR.
after hearing just a few of the great songs from you guys, and reading what you think of it, it sounds like its the only thing i need.

hope to get it soon as im getting restless without it!

oh and @Greeny, are you related to Dallas Green? haha.. probably not... amazing songwriter too! :)
also my PSN ID

Greeny

Quote from: ll-FooFighter-ll on July 01, 2009, 12:03:54 PMoh and @Greeny, are you related to Dallas Green? haha.. probably not... amazing songwriter too! :)

Nah, lol. I'm also not the Tim Green who is a famous Legal (John Grisham-type)novellist. I'll have to change my name when mine gets published, ha ha

SE

It,s still the micro for me I ,ve recorded tracks just using four tracks that makes it,s so simple I,ve got to play live at some point so all my tunes are recorded so that a four piece band could play them.
recorder
Boss BR-80

Bluesberry

Greetings, I started with  microBR and recently got a BR-1200 in a severe GAS attack.  Both are great, for just starting out with home recording the microBR is the way to go.  You can do a whole lot with just the micro, right up to studio quality demos.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand