The end of this years NEILFEST

Started by Geir, June 28, 2009, 04:56:21 PM

Geir

I must say, I had never expected such a turn-out for this fest. I have played my share of Neil Young songs at parties and such and know I'm not alone to have done that. And he's a big artist, so many people know his songs ...... but from there to having well over 40 contributions wasn't in my wildest dreams!

Thank you to everyone who have spent time and talent recording and posting NeilSongs to the fest, I've enjoyed every one !!!

All of you : up on stage and receive your applause !!!!!!

clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap

And special thanks to 64Guitars !! He has updated the index and made it better by adding the possibility to download directly from the index. Couln't have pulled this off without you !!!

Looking forward to Woodstock now ..... :)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Bluesberry

Thank you Geir and 64 Guitars for moderating this "Fest" and maintaining the Index.  I had a blast for sure.  I released my inner Neil big time, I learned how to play a few more songs, I realized that I can blow the harmonica rather convincingly (surprised me big time), I think my singing came up a notch doing all these covers in a relatively short time (always good to get in more practice in the vocals area).  I loved every minute of this.  All the great covers that the other folks did, really great jobs all around.  It sure felt like we were involved in a labour of love.  I felt totally inspired by this.  I am looking forward to Woodstock and some more great music for sure.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

64Guitars

Here's an archive of all 44 songs, tagged, trimmed, and normalized:

NeilFest_2009.zip

Warning:  It's 154 MB so it might take a while to download. With my DSL broadband connection at about 525 KB/sec it took 5 minutes. If you're using an old-fashioned dialup connection, it will probably take several hours.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Ferryman

Wow, great work. Thanks 64G and thanks Geir for managing all of this. If you'd told me a couple of years back that I would be recording an NY cover, I wouldn't have believed you. This site just encourages you to take part and have fun.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

SdC

Hail hail all who participated and coordinated! I enjoyed listening to all entries even if  I didn't reply to each individually; all great work!

recorder
Boss BR-600

Greeny

It's was a Runaway success. Simple as that! And I'd echo that thanks to 64guitars and Geir for all their work 'behind the scenes'. And not forgetting 48 for his great poster!

Ted

Quote from: 64Guitars on June 28, 2009, 11:02:49 PMHere's an archive of all 44 songs, tagged, trimmed, and normalized:

Thanks!  I had started to do this myself.

I think I'll make a .torrent file so that other people outside of this forum might discover this.

48: Do you think you can make a square version of the poster for CD cover art?
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Geir

Big thanx for the ZIP-file 64G !!!

I've downloaded it and spent the weekend listening to every song again! I must say there are some fiiiine contributions there !!!

Enjoyed every one of them !!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........