Started by Jean Pierre, September 25, 2023, 08:13:07 AM

Jean Pierre

kathmandu new mastering 2023
Time:
0:00
Volume:
As I explained in this trhread in general discussion
https://songcrafters.org/forum/index.php?topic=34101.0,

"the story of my cover Kathmandu", I'm republishing a remastered version, with a video of this song
here's the video, with a little explanation
 During my professional life (physiotherapy for serious burns) I've had the opportunity to go on training and evaluation missions in places that are sometimes a bit "hot" with MEDECIN SANS FRONTIERES (Gaza, Syria, Haiti...), ..and Kathmandu in Nepal, more specifically in Sangu, a small village in the Himalayas.
This mission has been a pleasure because the security conditions are good and the locals are very warm and welcoming.

The video starts in a small youth centre in Sanghu where we were invited to a small traditional music meeting (tablas, Nepalese harmonium), and ends in another youth centre where the local teenagers play Rock ;D

For the cover JP guitars, bass, and a very good flute soundfont

Content d'avoir pu reconstitué cette video et la chanson (grace aux archives de SC)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkjlZRzzP10
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

the physics teacher

I do have an elektic bass and guitar, i do have an acoustic guitar. I even have a keyboard and a Roland drum set What I seem to miss is skills. So to cure my at least 40y frustration I dicovered my instrument being my voice. So I finaly had the nerve to take singing lessons and make my voice heared thanks to Songcrafters.

Ray Brookes

Very nicely covered, JP along with excellent video material.
Ray Brookes

StephenM

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

TPB

Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

Mike_S

Video was great, some really special images there. Great work as usual JP

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Jean Pierre

thank you guys

Bonus for you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rfo1At65tZo
 during my stay in Kathmandu, a visit to the Krishna Musi Emporium, a small shop in a dark alley in Kathmandu where they make the wonderful Nepalese harmoniums (also used in India).
  hear the acoustic version of "while my guitar..." is in the Beatles' anthology 3, in which Paul McCartney played the harmonium

then and a little later Mc Cartney used this harmonium, it was Linda Mc Cartney who played it in some of the live tracks

Ps what's great about the Nepalese harmonium is that there's a clever mechanical system that allows you to change key while playing with the C fingering... very practical for non-pianists and keyboardists...

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo