I'm on fire NEW VERSION with IZOTOPE Element in mastering

Started by Jean Pierre, September 11, 2023, 10:35:50 AM

Jean Pierre

I'M ON FIRE bRUCE SPRINGSTEEN COVER JP RENDER MP_
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Speciale dédicace à Stephen ;)

I've listened to both Stephen's versions and I have to say I prefer the second one

...but here's a third version: same title...but different song ;D

Just 2 takes of acoustic picking guitar
      2 takes Laps steel guitar

I didn't know this Bruce Springsteen song, but while investigating after listening to Stephen's version to find out more, I came across the cover of I'm on Fire by Josh Turner and Carson Mc Kee, which I thought was great and I wanted to give it a try - that's what it is! as someone already said?
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

Mike_S

recorder
iPad GarageBand

thetworegs

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

TPB

I really like your mellow version of this song well done brother
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

StephenM

Cette chanson était très importante ici... C'était l'une des meilleures de Bruce, à mon humble avis... beau travail sur cette chanson JP... Tu es en feu...

Je pense que cela pourrait être une chanson thème pour certains films, en particulier un film sur le harcèlement des voisins.

This song was very big here... It was one of Bruce's best IMO... nice job on this song JP... You are on fire...

I think this could be a theme song for some movies especially a stalking neighbor movie..

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Ray Brookes

Beautiful cover, JP Love that acoustic guitar playing and that slide guitar is so great as always. Such a spacious mix/production makes this song work perfectly.
Ray Brookes

Jean Pierre

I'M ON FIRE bRUCE SPRINGSTEEN COVER JP new mix avec izotope Ozone 9 en masterungMP_
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I've done a new mastering with a view to video editing on YT, using the Izotope Ozone 9 plug ons, and it seems to me that the rendering is better(?, opinion?)

I've also corrected a few falsettos in the lap steel playing with Melodyne, which is absolutely essential with my lap steel as the strings are rather soft and the slightest touch of the baretone on the strings causes falsettos of a few tenths of a tone, but it's audible, as for example in the first version at 1:45.

On the other hand, there seems to be some distortion or sputtering in my second version with Izotope... I need to find out why...
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

ODH

Lovely version. To be honest anything you add your Gallic stylings to will always work for me.

I have listened to both versions and the second is the one
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

TPB

I think they are both good but the second version really ticks the box and so much better
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away