Psycho Killer - Talking Heads for 1977 fest

Started by ODH, July 19, 2022, 05:49:14 AM

ODH

LANDR-Psycho Killer-Balanced-High
Time:
0:00
Volume:
1977Fest (banner image missing)

I'm not David Byrne. I don't have his range or capability. Or fame, wealth and lifestyle come to that.
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

Pete C

A 77 Classic ! Great tight backer and you've done a great vocal on this..love it ! This was a regular on Bluto's (a bar in Wigan) jukebox back in 77/78. Great stuff !

(Guess what...this was on my list too  >:( )

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

ODH

Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

Pete C

Quote from: ODH on July 19, 2022, 09:03:17 AM
Quote from: Pete C on July 19, 2022, 08:42:17 AM(Guess what...this was on my list too  >:( )

Ha. We should pool lists

Mine is here, if you have Apple Music
https://music.apple.com/gb/playlist/1977-candidates/pl.u-55D66b7s88y6e1

Only one of those on my probable list but a few of the others had been considered ! I really wanted to do another Stranglers' song (did Hanging Around a few years ago) but since I lost my ipad with Garageband on it, I'm missing Smart Keys which I used for that.
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

StephenM

Wicked good cover here Nick.

I dig it!  Your crazy vocals work great.  Like the guitar also... and your vocals remind me of "They dont write like that anymore" by Greg Kihn Band.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

thetworegs

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Hilary

recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Zoltan

I've heard this for several times now and in different situations. Driving the car, trying to resurrect myself with the help of a morning coffee, and while getting ready to become a psycho kil... or something :D

A great version and with all the ingredients in the right places. The bass tone! The guitar sound. Those vocals. Perhaps the vocals are slightly more understated in this version (although near the end you're letting the freak flag fly! and it's beautiful!).

The only potential minus point comes... DID YOU USE A MUSTANG GUITAR? If not... You should buy one and redeem yourself.

Ah, i'm do digging all those chordal movements and the slightly DEAD and FLAT guitar sound (as in Mustang, yet this is probably something else).

ODH, you might not be David Byrne, but i like you a lot more!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Bluesberry

flipping love this.....brilliant shiny crunch on those guitar parts...great energy on the vocals....brilliant band, brilliant song and brilliant cover

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Rene Asologuitar

Wonderful vocals on this cover.
I am with Hilary, Fa fa fa fa fan tis tic!!!
Rene