They Call Me a Wizard (but I don't know why)

Started by hardlock, December 08, 2021, 07:30:11 PM

Redler

Quote from: Lurker on December 10, 2021, 03:19:13 PMThis is a great story and very well told. The fact that it is autobiographical makes it even better.

Agree with Lurker. Everything is on balance here...and I'm loving the warm tones of this.
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

BerryPatch

Very cool song, definitely a late 60's kinda vibe. The lead guitar work is lovely.

Mike_S

Quote from: hardlock on December 10, 2021, 02:27:59 PMThanks everyone for the good words! It's hard to think of our music posts as not being competitive but with all the excellent song writers and musicians here, I'm humbled by your props!

I listen to the songs and am interested in the journey people are on making their music, it makes everyone's music come alive for me. I am in awe sometimes of the standard of production and songwriting on a lot of stuff here, but I can get just as much enjoyment from a simple sketch or idea of a song.

But anyway this is great Ken, lovely feel to the music, it rolls along nicely and helps tell this great story. I looked at the link you posted and man you sure have done some cool things. You are a braver man than me... but that Easy Riser is way cool. Good on ya... loved the song.

Mike

recorder
iPad GarageBand

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

I really like this, the music is all great and I really liked your talkie- vocals, they sound good to me.
It has a catchy melody and the lyrics are great.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

StephenM

glad I got on the colab board this morning.  That brought me back here.  I think it's cool your love for flying.  My oldest son (37) started flying at 15.  It all came about when in 1995 someone gave us a floppy disk game of flight simulator.  Zach was around 11 and he fell in love with that game.  I had no idea that it would turn into his life, his career.  He got his solo at 16, private at 18 etc...etc... and at 22 started flying passengers.  He went onto fly in Dubai for Emirates where he got to fly the Airbus A380.  Now is a pilot here for Frontier and just got hired at American so he is changing again. 
I have flying dreams sometimes...
cool song and cool hobby and profession...cool life....thanks for sharing about it.  song is good as well.. and maybe you ain't the greatest singer in the world doesn't mean your voice isn't interesting and that it can and does fit your songs... someone told me a while back and it's true... ya gotta own it and believe it... Lot's of people hate Bruce Springsteens voice... so I doubt all of us are going to love my voice or yours... sing because you have a song...peace sir!

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

hardlock

Just want to thank everyone for the great comments! Not only do they boost my self confidence but tend to get me out of this winter slump. :-[

(Maybe now's a good time to get back to those blues numbers I've never finished...)  ;D
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

Zoltan

This is a done deal! Such a great song and a performance. Your vocals work like a charm and the story behind the lyrics is great. I'd say bring on the blues numbers! (and any other numbers for that matter :))
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Ferryman_1957

I really enjoyed the story here, very similar to me, obsessed with flying things from a young age, so I really dug the personal angle. I thought you did well with the vocals, you recorded them in a kind of dreamy way. Some nice guitar work and a very catchy song, but most of all I loved the story!