The price of love (Brian ferry cover written by the everly brothers)

Started by kenny mac, November 15, 2021, 05:28:33 AM

kenny mac

Price Of Love. (online-audio-converter.com)
Time:
0:00
Volume:
RoxyMusicFest (banner image missing)

Hi Gang.
Been ultra busy with a musical project thats proving a bit challenging.
Also work gets in the way of creativity.
The things you learn from festivals.
I didnt know this was written by the everly brothers,so there you go.
I believe it was bryan ferry that covered this and the festivel is roxy music or members so here is my contribution.
Was starting to panic as there is a lot  going on the site.
Started this last night,finished it this morning.
Hope you like it

Greeny

Lots of depth and 'oomph'. More than the original if my memory serves me well. The guitar playing and layering is great, and those low-high vocals are magic. Good job on the Bryan vocal mannerisms too. Brilliant work all round. Ferry did shit-loads of covers as a solo artist.

Pete C

Great cover kenny - I'd not heard this for a long long time. As Greeny said, Ferry did a lot of cover versions.
(listening to this has also cleared up one of my mis-heard lyrics - always sounded to me like "the price of love will cost you more than your toupee"  ;D)

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

kenny mac

[quote author=Pete C
(listening to this has also cleared up one of my mis-heard lyrics - always sounded to me like "the price of love will cost you more than your toupee"  ;D)

Pete
[/quote]
Cant believe pete you understood the lyrics clearer with me with my accent lol its not normally the case,maybe I should sing my reply next time we do a video chat  ;D

Blooby

Ooh, I loved how you mixed this, and the vocals are stupendous. I particularly enjoyed how in your face that spaghetti western guitar is.  Killer.

Blooby

StephenM

love that slightly detuned sounding guitar...and then that tweed sounding distortion...big time...stuff...it's like the 50's met thrash metal but the thrash sound is being played by guys from the 50's who somewhat holding back on it...it's a wonderful sound(s) here...big time..
and the backing vocals for me take the cake...killaefella!!!!!

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

guitarron

Quote from: StephenM on November 15, 2021, 03:36:03 PMlove that slightly detuned sounding guitar...
it's like the 50's met thrash metal but the thrash sound is being played by guys from the 50's

This is really freaking cool. It had me searching to the everly brothers version to get perspective on it.
Wow has this song morphed over the years. 
Stellar job

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Geir

This is perfect for you !

What an excellent delivery.

Well done
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

des0free

Not familiar with the song, but enjoyed this a lot.  Great rhythm guitar tone and high quality vocals!
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Zoom R24
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Mike_S

Quote from: Blooby on November 15, 2021, 12:29:12 PMOoh, I loved how you mixed this, and the vocals are stupendous. I particularly enjoyed how in your face that spaghetti western guitar is.  Killer.

Blooby

I am with Blooby, love really like how you mixed this down and your choice of sounds. That vocal really has the spirit of Brian Ferry in there too. Super stuff.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand