End of paradise

Started by DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee, June 27, 2021, 10:05:12 AM

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

end of paradise SC edit
Time:
0:00
Volume:
This is a song about the end of a relationship, which once seemed perfect.  I used a continuous 4 chord repeating melody, it seemed to work ok i think.  Thanks for listening, Darren & Keith.

THE END OF PARADISE

Don't want to point my gun at you
i don't want to fight
I just want, a very different point of view
And a quiet life

But you won't make it easy
and you won't make it right
and we're not going to last another another night

No you don't, make it simple
And you won't let it lie
and we're not, going to last another night

This, is the end..it's all over
This is the end..of our life
This is the end..i think it's all over
This is the end..of paradise

The party is all over now
i've seen the truth , it's time to say goodbye
so many wasted years spent loving you
Today we die

But you won't make it easy
and you won't make it right
and we're not going to last another another night

No you don't, make it simple
And you won't let it lie
and we're not, going to last another night, because..

This, is the end..it's all over
This is the end..of our lives
This is the end..do you think it's all over
This is the end..of paradise...

DarrenG/Kallen@2017

I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

Hilary

Love it, great ending too.
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Ray Brookes

This is a great track, Darren. As always, excellent production and brill vocal work from Keith. Lyrics are stellar (and a bit close to home for me currently) You two always come up with fantastic songs that are presented so well here. Great stuff.
Ray Brookes

Bishmanrock

Cracking song, in lesser hands that repeating chord structure would've grated, but you really made it work with the rest of the song. I love the vocal melody. Also love that ending note!

recorder
Cubase

Nelson

Smoking track guys
Killer groove and outstanding vocals
recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

TPB

Great track and the four chord sequence fit like a glove great vocals
Bravo Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

StephenM

wow...this is great...love the music alot... the guitar in that chorus takes this to another level...

has kind of a reggae/police vibe.... but that guitar in the chorus changes all that...

cool lyrics...been there done that.. I did get a great son from it though...and so I would say it was worth it...but yeah 20 years of wasted "love"....

a new life with a new set of challenges, joys, and tragedies! 

singing on here is awesome too

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Ferryman_1957

Wow, this is a stunner! I love the slightly syncopated feel to the rhythm (I guess I get a bit of a Police feel there as well) and those punchy rhythm guitars are awesome. I also loved the bass, it's fits so well with the feel of the track and it's superbly recorded, it comes over really well on my studio monitors.

That repeating pattern works really well because it just gets in your mind and stays there, and you used dynamics to great effect here so it never gets boring. And the vocals are awesome, really well performed and also well recorded. It's a fantastic track, well done!

Greeny

This is bloody excellent. Love the grit and distortion on the vocal, and it's all incredibly varied considering it's one long 4-chord groove. I like the way it picks up intensity as it goes. I can hear a Police vibe too, but also 'Drivers Seat' by Sniff & the Tears. Classic new wave to my ears. Really like it! Nice one.

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

Thanks for the comments and listens guys :)
I don't usually loop guitar parts. But I started off with the drums in Logic Pro and then added the guitar 4 chord bit. Looped it and then developed the song from there.
Sent it to Keith who added the bass, vocals.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.