Walking Blues

Started by The Gobi Desert Canoe Club, May 26, 2021, 10:43:20 AM

Walking Blues - 26_05_2021, 17.27
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Hi all, hope all are well, hot off the press. Hope you enjoy.    Willie

Fender Resonator, Fender Precision, Gibson SG, Gretsch G5420,Drums Boss BR900cd.

She was a dancer
A bar room prancer
She'd dance for your dollars and your dimes
I watched her in the mirror
And the men that came to see her
But all I see is sadness in her eyes

She looked my way
And I couldn't say
If it was pity or hope
There in her eyes
I raised my hand
Did she understand
I'm not like all those other guys

'cos I knew her from way back then
She was nine and I was ten

Instrumental

Well I knew it wasn't right
As I walked out into the night

Another small town
Time to choose
Feels like I've got
Those walking blues

Outro

recorder
Boss BR-800

hardlock

Nice one Willie! I got so into the story line I was disappointed there was no conclusion....or maybe that was the point? 
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

StephenM

cool story....life is all about choices we make isn't it?
some girls though really dig it...
love the guitar work yet again...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

A great song and songwriting, love the story. The guitars really sound great and I love your vocals. The sound reminds me of the travelling wilburys a little. 
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

StephenM

reminds me a tad bit of Bob Seger's "Main Street"....one of my favorite songs of that era...yes...this reminds me of that great song... good one Willie!
fabulous guitar work there around 2:00...leading up to it and there after...just awesome work sir!  Hats off...to you.

this is one that I had to listen to multiple times and then all of a sudden I went...wow...that is a great song right there.... I have alot of yours on my playlist Willie but this one might rise to the top...I dunno... kind of like Boston... I like them all...just some a little more...
come to think of it...your voice has a touch of Willie Nelson in it...or maybe the other way around...coolness...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Groundy

Superb, Willie, really enjoyed this, well done... Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Ferryman

I was expecting a 12 bar with a walking bass line....... ;) Nice one Willie, great storytelling in the lyrics and a lovely smooth solo. Another classic Willie track!

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Jean Pierre

it's more of a ballad structure than a blues one but anyway nice lyrics, nice guitar strumming, nice solo, classic willie
how do you play the fender resonator ? like a guitar or like a dobro ?
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

Mike_S

This is right up there with some of your best tunes Willie... there is a real sadness in here. The lead guitar hammers home the pain, but the simplicity of the tune is what makes it shine. Great job.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

tonyc

great song willie and story line , superb mix and great vocals ....cheers tony cee
recorder
Zoom HD16