Robin Hood

Started by TPB, May 12, 2021, 07:18:53 PM

TPB

Robin Hood
Time:
0:00
Volume:
My son was over the other day and he was talking about two songs I used to have to play him before bed One was My Girl and the other was this story about Robin Hood
So here is bedtime music for little ones
Tim
This is a story of Robin Hood
he stole from the rich and gave to the poor
The sheriff would try to catch him
But he never could catch that old Robin
Chorus do do do do
Then one day he spied a fat man
Riding on a big jackass
Robin swooped down from that tree
And Then they were they were three
Chorus
Then one day they had a contest
Who take take that madians hand
Robin shot his arrow true then they were they were two
Chorus

Simple chord progression Am C G Am
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

hardlock

Nice one Tim! Gee, I don't think I could get to sleep with this rocker playing myself - pretty powerful - maybe as an acoustic folk would bring on the dreams?
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

StephenM

love it Tim.... reminds me of a Tom Petty tune...got that kinda vibe to it.... every now and again you hit a real sweet spot on that neck of the guitar and that chord sends shivers done my timbers....
somewhere down the road, just for fun... I would like to play producer for you on a song... not that there is anything wrong at all with what you do... but just so i can see what I can do with your sound... 
I think you are way underrated.... great songwriter and song delivery.... many a musician made a career on stuff like this!  you rock

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Ray Brookes

Rocking tune, Tim; this would have all the little ones dancing all round the bedroom never mind sending them to sleep LOL
Ray Brookes

Farrell Jackson

A cool song and lyric Tim! As youngster I was always fascinated with any Robin Hood film or TV series. Great vocal and guitar work!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

Excellent song and great story to go with it about Robin Hood. Yeah it's a really good rocking song, I don't think your kids would be sleeping while this was playing. I can hear the comparison with Tom petty too, great music and vocals.
Now we want to hear the rock version of " my girl" :)
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

tonyc

nice tune tim love the vocals , brill lyrics and love the sound you've got with the drums nice work ........cheers tony cee
recorder
Zoom HD16

Bluesberry

fantastic.....great song on all levels.....a bit Tom Petty perhaps....a bit Neil Young perhaps....a bit awesome for sure

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

BerryPatch

You really turned this into a rocker. A bit of a Neil Young feel here, with an awesome vocal on your part. The doo-doo-doos were the icing on the cake.

Jean Pierre

very nice Tim it goes well with your voice can you put the lyrics please
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo