Staring At The Clock

Started by T.C. Elliott, April 24, 2021, 11:36:31 AM

T.C. Elliott

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

My mother passed this past Thursday afternoon after a long battle with various illnesses. Friday early morning I woke up at 12:24 a.m. and couldn't get back to sleep. I came down and this song kind of poured itself out. I played through it a couple of times and this was the last take. Live in the basement. I debated on sharing, but this place has always been good to me when I needed it. I thank each and every member here for making this place so great.

https://www.ebutuoy.com/watch?v=gix_CLa7YUk

Eyes wide open in the middle of the night
Just about blinded by the alarm clock light
Can't help but keep staring, can't look away
My mind's replaying the events of the day
I can't tell my mother I love her anymore
I keep staring at the clock, twelve twenty four

I toss and turn, can't seem to lie still
Can't help but think of the tears and the guilt
I hear my wife breathing, I try not to move
'Cause the last thing she needs is to be up, too
I can truly say I don't recommend
Staring at the clock at one a.m.

I can feel the dog jumping on the bed
While a thousand separate thoughts keep racing in my head
My mind drifts back to the same sad scene
From  hurting to gone with no in between
Can't help but feel guilty for being alive
Staring at the clock, two thirty five
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Farrell Jackson

A beautiful song, singing and playing T.C. My deepest condolences on the passing of your mother.........

Farrell 
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Ray Brookes

It's a terrible thing to lose a parent; my condolences. This is a beautiful heart-wrenching song, excellently performed.
Ray Brookes

StephenM

my condolences TC on the loss of your mother...that one hurts alot... thank you so much for sharing this with us... I can relate because i lost my mom (she was 89 and had an amazing life really until her last year) two years ago.  I cried my eyes out as I sat by her bed knowing she was dying and she could not hear me anymore.  I said my final prayer.  Stood up and wiped my eyes and realized I had to move on because I have two teenagers and a wife who need me and I could not hold onto her forever.  It still hurts.
This song is absolutely wonderful.  It means so much.  Be very good to yourself these next days.  It's totally ok to grieve however you grieve.  I am sure you have great memories with your mom.  That is part of the reason it hurts so much. 
your singing is wonderful on this song.  Hold your loved ones tight.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

tonyc

sorry t c on the loss of your mother , a great heartbreaking song written brilliantly , superb lyrics and a fantastic vocal , .....tony cee
recorder
Zoom HD16

Hilary

Heartbreakingly beautiful TC.

Be gentle on yourself.

RIP xx
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Pete C

So sorry to hear of your loss. It's a beautiful song and at a time like this it's good to let your feelings out.

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

I'm really sorry to hear about your loss. This is a wonderful song, beautiful heart felt lyrics and great performance. The guitar playing is so good. Take care. Darren
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

Redler

Fine and touching song. My condolences...
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

SE

My condolences too hope your ok, this is a great performance, so sad, my my what a heartfelt song, loved it!
recorder
Boss BR-80