As The Hornet Dies

Started by StephenM, April 11, 2021, 07:28:27 PM

StephenM

Quote from: Kenneth on April 13, 2021, 12:13:13 PMI love it! Can I  do part 2 -"The Hornet brothers return to the site"?

Why not?

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

WarpCanada

This is kind of a Trippy Horror Show Song, that could be part of a three act musical. 

Alas, poor Hornet, we knew ye well,
Now off with ye,  off with ye,
Fly,
Fly,
straight to hell.

The taps part is awesome.

Warren
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Cubase

recorder
Bitwig Studio

British Columbia Canada

BerryPatch

Man, how do come up with these ideas? So great sounding as well, I can hardly think of any comparisons. Those vocals are seer, off the wall goodness.

tonyc

what kinda stuff are you taking stephen . . i love the sound you have on the drums they sound superb , love the last post at the end , made me laugh out loud , brill .......cheers tony cee
recorder
Zoom HD16

Jean Pierre

...a stranger song >...but magnifique
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

hardlock

Trippy!  - but I don't believe wasps have skeletons? ;)
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

StephenM

Quote from: hardlock on April 17, 2021, 04:51:40 PMTrippy!  - but I don't believe wasps have skeletons? ;)

interesting comment about the skeleton...and I admit i took many ridiculous liberties on this song...mostly the lyrics were spontaneous response to the music after having watched the hornet die... I hate hornets and wasps, yellow jackets etc...and the names do get used interchangeably and likely incorrectly....
after doing a bit of reading they do have what is called exoskeletal... in retrospect I should have used the word armour to describe...oh well...thanks for listening...I hope I never do anything like that one again...it's almost too scary...although there is a point in the singing where I almost burst into laughter because the whole thing is so ridiculous... I will say this though...if I ever decide to try out for a local theater I will use that as my resume...lol

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

launched

This is badass I love it - You should try the spray foam stuff, one puff of that and they're done!
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

I had to kill a wasp that got into our bedroom this morning, I immediately thought of this song, wondering what was going through it's mind haha!
This is a really great, original and unsettling too. Love the screams at end, very funny too in parts. Great music and performance. :). Darren
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

des0free

Started off liking the authentic drums, then decided that the vocal is also awesome, then listening closer the keyboards are great too.  So its an all around great performance!
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Zoom R24
recorder
Boss Micro BR