Main Menu

Downtown

Started by Boognish, March 21, 2021, 10:16:13 PM

Boognish

Quote from: StephenM on March 22, 2021, 09:14:05 AMThe Kinks meet the B52s...
and if and when you can post the lyrics please....

yeah i've really been digging into the fuzzy classic rock sounds. Kinks, TRex, Bowie, etc. and also kinda felt a little of that AC/DC punch and muscle (even if not the right drum or synth stuff) maybe just the raspy, raunchy vocals. But I like how Bon gets right to the point lol.
I did notice the B-52s coming out of me with the lyrics. Totally has that bounce to it haha and i love it

The vocals were kinda markers, I had a few i liked like the first word, "Downtown" for the cadence. I already had the other stuff laid down so I just kept listening over and over and trying to plug in the sounds or cadence of the vocals like an instrument. So its mostly gibberish at this point but something like:

Downtown,
Side of the road, I got a big bad Betty gonna get my load,
I gotta take it to a team, I'm a Jenny supreme (huh?)
and i'm a honna nonna argha bargha hargha beeeen, hah...
High five, i got about 3, when im rolling downtown gotta save em alive i got a...
High Five, i'm dead or alive i got a ??? and a money and another alive i caught fire........

Big Time,
I'm livin on the streets
Got a bag got a tab and a set on mah tees (?), i gotta
Parking lot and a grocery cart, i gotta put it in the street cuz i'm out on my feet
I gotta Mindin my time, but im outta my mind
They goin outta my own tryna take my town
And I'm a turn, I'ma turn I'ma turn,
Gonna take a my time gotta find my pride, C'mon!

Oi!
Okay to cover.

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

A good rocking punk type sound to this. I like that riff that runs through it, good hook. Distorted guitar is nice, shouty vocals fit the song :)
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

Gritter

Great start. I can hear that vintage Boognish sound...very brown!

launched

The brown is goin' down here! I like it the way it is, but cleaned up would be a whole new great tune as well. I'm a fan of Ricky Wilson's riffage, reminds me of that a little. With Fu Manchu drumming lol

Cool tune!
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Kenneth

Love it! As Tim said.. filth... raw filth! lol
Seriously though,.. I love, love the attitude. Guitar rocks and I think this has potential to take it all the way as a kick ass beaut.
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman

Flash Harry

We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Johnbee

Fun to listen to.  Reminds me a bit of "Louie Louie" by the Kingsmen.  (You sure you don't have any hidden "dirty words" in there?)  ;D
 :) John B