Times they change but life remains the same NEW MIX Trevor, JP

Started by Jean Pierre, March 19, 2021, 08:01:55 AM

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

This latest mix sounds great JP. It's hard sometimes adding parts to tracks if you don't have a strict click track to follow etc. That dobro guitar sounds awesome, I love that sound. You've worked really hard on this and it's definitely worth it. Trevor's original song was great and it's a brilliant collaboration which sounds even better now. :)
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

StephenM

yes JP good stuff.... and you are right Trevor has a unique and beautiful voice.  It took me a couple of months of listening to his music to really totally appreciate how talented he is all around.  for me this is a great mix.  I can hear it all real clear. 
The only real thing that matters though is that you and Trevor are happy with it. 
I did an instrumental and then Trevor did vocals for it.  I spent hours working on the mix because I just wanted so bad for his voice to stand out correctly in the mix.  "Courage Coming Like the Wind".  he wrote the lyrics and sang it ....
It became one of my favorite songs i have been involved in.
It would be cool to meet you one day JP but I am pretty sure i could only stare at you... I don't know French... (laughter)

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Jean Pierre

Don't be scared Stephen!...you know French at least as well as I know English :D :D :D (merci deepl traduction)

I'm waiting for you, whenever you want to do a piece (original from you, or cover) ..I love collabo ;)
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

kenny mac

Great Dobro work.
Sounds very Mark knopfler in places.
Lovely.

thetworegs

You have done a wonderful job with the remix ...i really love the sound of the dobro...i think i have GAS brewing :D....Thanks again for your talent & time

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

TPB

Love the new mix this is one smoking collab from the writing playing and vocals everybody take a bow bravo
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

BerryPatch

This new mix is great JP. I like how you dialled back on the playing during singing at points and the addition of Pedal Steel was a brilliant choice. It meshes very well together and I think youve really added a new dimension to an already excellent song.

Jean Pierre

thank you guys
BerryPatch
Quoteand the addition of Pedal Steel was a brilliant choice.

...it's not a pedal steel,  it's a Dobro guitar ( guitar played on the knees, with a resonateur, acoustic)
like you can see in this video with my daughter and my son in law , you can see the dobro guitar at 0:43

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rU40PFI_ogc
 ;)
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

BerryPatch

Oh shoot, I get a bit confused some times between the two :). I like the volume swells you added though in the chorus in the second version was more what I meant. They add a nice atmosphere.

Jean Pierre

TIMES CHANGE WITH DOBRO NEW MIX EXTRACT
Time:
0:00
Volume:
yes Berry junior, in fact what is confusing is that in the second version in the mix, with Reaper I sectioned the notes (separated the notes) and added to some of them an "object fade" (progressive increase of the volume)
as you can see on the screenshot on the Dobro 1 track, and that you can hear in the sound extract

it's a very typical pedal steel guitar effect but not at all natural to the acoustic dobro well surry junior, in fact what is confusing is that in the second version in the mix, with Reaper I sectioned the notes (separated the notes) and added to some an "object fade" (progressive volume increase)
as you can see on the screenshot on the Dobro 1 track, and that you can hear in the sound extract