Spring Chant (instrumental, synth, ambient)

Started by WarpCanada, March 01, 2021, 09:36:42 PM

WarpCanada

Spring Chant
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Here's a bit more ambient fun from me.

In the temperate latitudes of the Northern Hemisphere, it's time for Spring.  We saw our first robin in the back yard today.   That has me thinking about the green blades rising, and druids chanting and such.

Warren
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Cubase

recorder
Bitwig Studio

British Columbia Canada

Kenneth

I enjoyed that. Nicely done.
What is your means of getting the chants?
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman

StephenM

coolness....a bit of this sounds a touch like the intro to "With Or Without You"..... beautiful....also early on there is a faint beeping and I am listening at work and wondering where the forklift driver is coming from....lol...
I love the voices....and the percussion....
spring has for sure sprung here in the south.... very nice vibe Warren

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

hardlock

Ah, quite a relaxing ride. I see a trend coming after the "cut up" song. This one's nice and smoothed out - sweet! I can see these both as a soundtrack for some new-age chill video. 8)
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

Bluesberry

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Pine

Lovely soundscape Warren. With that cool tribal percussion, it could have been a soundtrack tune for the movie "The Revenent".
Lots of Robins here all of a sudden. Cold winds fight with an ever warming sun. This track kinda generates images of seasonal changes.
I like Winter...but i'm SO ready for Spring! Nice New Age instrumental here Warren.
recorder
Boss BR-1200

WarpCanada

THe chant is a vocal Choir patch that is included in the UVI Workstation "Orchestral Suite" product I recently got.  But there are lots of cool choral samples out there, some are even free. 

Any sample-playback engine including the built in ones in most DAWs, plus some free Choral/choir  .wav  pitched samples would work.

To me the key thing with vocal sample libraries is to get them exceptionally dry and add your own reverb.  This is what (to my mind) permits the person comitting the sin (me pretending to have a choir in my back pocket) to get away with it... The injudicious use of rediculous amounts of reverb.
Warren
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Cubase

recorder
Bitwig Studio

British Columbia Canada

BerryPatch

Very cool ambience, perfectly evokes the rebirth of spring (oh, how I hope it will come soon for us here on the Atlantic :)). That DAW really sounds lovely

Ferryman_1957

Lovely Warren, a great ambient feel and the combination of the rhythm and the vocal chants is very effective. I like ambient music and this is a great example, I really enjoyed having this looping away on the PC.

It reminded me a lot of Popol Vuh's Aguirre soundtrack (I guess it's the vocal sounds). That's well worth a listen if you don't know it.