White Lines (collab with Hilary)

Started by StephenM, March 01, 2021, 04:17:38 AM

StephenM

Quote from: Nelson on March 02, 2021, 05:12:05 PMI like the wild mix of the vocals and the driving drum and Bass tracks.
The perfect collaboration

"Tin Ruff... rusted"

I love that song Nelson.... and Bush Fire and Roam, oh yeah and Private Idaho...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

StephenM

I wanted to say a bit more about Hilary's vocals....  I really love what she did here... it's brilliant to me.... I love the crazy talking down in the right speaker....at times it sounds like something from another planet, like one of those club scenes in Star Wars where all the characters look way different than us and they have some cool music going down but very different....
I also love the main lyrical theme... it's a really big idea to me.... kind of deep really.... It's probably not cool to love your own music, or in this case collaboration.... just like you are not supposed to laugh at your own jokes...but really if I don't think they're funny why telll them.... and if I don't love my music why post it? 

there is a lot of great music on SC and I am so very glad to be a part of it!  bwaaaaaaaa!

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24

Bluesberry

Quote from: StephenM on March 02, 2021, 05:35:36 PMI also love the main lyrical theme... it's a really big idea to me.... kind of deep really....
I read this and went back and re-read the lyrics.....son-of-a-gun that is brilliant ...brilliant poetry really...fantastic job on the lyrics Hilary....super impressively fantastic .....

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Hilary

I don't care I love it too - I did the alternative track in one single take - I muted the other vocals and just messed about - it was a lucky mishap that it fitted. It was also crazy that I did the wailing bit at exactly the same time as you did the lead bit and we both had no idea what the other was doing but both did it at the same time anyway.

It turned out alright didn't it!
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

StephenM

Quote from: Hilary on March 02, 2021, 07:16:03 PMI don't care I love it too - I did the alternative track in one single take - I muted the other vocals and just messed about - it was a lucky mishap that it fitted. It was also crazy that I did the wailing bit at exactly the same time as you did the lead bit and we both had no idea what the other was doing but both did it at the same time anyway.

It turned out alright didn't it!

Grins and smiles and giggles and laughs....(that was a special cereal when I was a kid)... this song is like that only better...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24

Ferryman

Wow, a psychedelic rock out from Steve and Hilary! Definitely some B52s meets Jefferson Airplane meets Steve and Hilary there! I love the choppy rhythm guitar and chord sequence, that sounds great, and really works with the guitar wigout opposing it. It's really punchy and the drums and bass are great as well, I really like how the bass follows some of the drum breaks, very nice work there.

And the vocals? Well, another stunner from Hilary. Superb performance and great lyrics,  they really work with the music. And the weird vocal track and coyote howls are a brilliant touch (great serendipity). Hilary could read her shopping list and make it sound fantastic....

Loved this, a great collab, a bit off the wall in a totally wonderful and freaky way. Well done you two, it's superb.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Mike_S

Jeez, this is spectacular guys. There is tons of creativity and zero fear gone into the making of this. So much going on, but it all works very well indeed. Have to say I really like those lyrics. You both really rocked out on this and yes I love the wild lead playing. Don't know enough of the B52s to appreciate the comparison, but I was thinking of a mash up of sounds by early Heart and Led Zeppelin on acid! Brilliant job guys.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

pjd1

Cracking live feel to this song , it certainly packs a punch , good rocking with attitude and drive , Hilary,s vocals stand out perfect in the mix , and with Steve,s backing and guitar work it all sounds brilliant and spicy  , a super collab between you guys and dolls 

Dunny
recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8