Nothing Without You

Started by Johnny McAleer, December 31, 2020, 01:16:40 PM

Johnny McAleer

NOTHING WITHOUT YOU
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Finally got round to adding the lyrics to this little ditty which I've been kicking up and down the road ever since the great Neil Innes passed away a year ago.  Massive thanks to Ray for the vocals - and for his suggestion to add the bass line (played on a genuine hofner "cavern" bass btw) It's a bit Rutley/Beatley and hopefully an upbeat start to a better year for one and all.
"Take music, family and friends: stir gently and serve chilled" - J Mc

WarpCanada

This is great. I'd have been tempted to do the vocals like MyIdolIsJahia did, singing into a can, and go for the complete old timey (1940s) tin pan alley vibe completely.

If you're up for it, I'll add the Old Fashioned Time Warp plugins on my daw and upload a remix with the whole thing sent back to the 1940s.
Warren
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Cubase

recorder
Bitwig Studio

British Columbia Canada

StephenM

well done men!  I remember this from before....Ray has done a really wonderful job here too....nice....very, very nice....  it reminds me...not musically but the theme of it, of an old song by Bread called "Diary"

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Ray Brookes

First time anyone has asked me to sing one of their songs LOL Having said that, I enjoyed working on this collab and Johnny has written a fine song.
Ray Brookes

Johnny McAleer

Quote from: WarpCanada on December 31, 2020, 06:10:54 PMThis is great. I'd have been tempted to do the vocals like MyIdolIsJahia did, singing into a can, and go for the complete old timey (1940s) tin pan alley vibe completely.

If you're up for it, I'll add the Old Fashioned Time Warp plugins on my daw and upload a remix with the whole thing sent back to the 1940s.

Sounds like a plan if you're ok with it, Ray?
"Take music, family and friends: stir gently and serve chilled" - J Mc

Hilary

What a delight - thanks boys!
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Farrell Jackson

This is excellent song writing and playing Johnny. A great performance on the vocal Ray. A fine collab fellas!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Bluesberry

Great colab guys, real nice feel to this. A real beatles feel at the ending...

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Redler

Very nice melody with peaceful atmosphere. Excellent job, guys! Enjoyable listening.
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Mike_S

Lovely track Johnny/Ray, really enjoyed this. Really nicely done, let's pray things start getting better soon.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand