that same old stuff drive busy!!

Started by wiley, May 31, 2009, 06:28:27 PM

Wiley

Ok went back and read the posts.  And I was getting totally discouraged today.  No matter what I did I couldn't get these to songs to master without drive busy.  One was only the 4 main tracks.  Anyway I put in a new card.  But my question is can I export the single tracks from the old card to cp. and then reimport them to a new song in new card and then master?  I have been working on StevieM's song who's laughing and have 2 tracks to add.  That one was saying card error.   ??? ??? ??? I was getting angry.  But I already have the mastered mp3 for that song on cp.  So same thing can export the 2 new tracks and reimport them?  Any info would help. Thanks
P.J.

64Guitars

Sorry to take so long to reply, Wiley. It's been really hard to keep up with all the posts here today.

Quote from: wiley on May 31, 2009, 06:28:27 PMOk went back and read the posts.  And I was getting totally discouraged today.  No matter what I did I couldn't get these to songs to master without drive busy.  One was only the 4 main tracks.  Anyway I put in a new card.  But my question is can I export the single tracks from the old card to cp. and then reimport them to a new song in new card and then master?  I have been working on StevieM's song who's laughing and have 2 tracks to add.  That one was saying card error.   ??? ??? ??? I was getting angry.  But I already have the mastered mp3 for that song on cp.  So same thing can export the 2 new tracks and reimport them?

Yes, you can certainly export tracks from one song and import them to a new song on another card. I'd use the BR Wave Converter for that, but you can also use the Micro BR (see pages 112 to 114 and pages 103 to 104).

A better way to move songs from one card to another is to backup the problem card to your computer (see pages 104/105), remove the old card and insert the new one, initialize the new card (see page 115), then restore the backup from your computer to the Micro BR (page 105 under "Recovering"). The reason I say that this method is better is that the files remain in their native BR format and all of your settings and everything remain as you left them on the old card. So you can just pick up where you left off before you started getting errors. However, if the data on the old card is corrupt because of the errors, then you might have some problems with backup and recovery. In that case, try track export and import.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

Wiley

Thanks 64 I am going to try that.  I'm not to worried about quality in this case just a fun song.  so  will probably just export an import mp3 tracks. I thought I could but Thanks for the info.  You are truly amazing in your knowledge.

Glenn Mitchell

In my experience, more often than not there is a bad track. I have had success with 64's method, but usually I end up killing a track.
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Cakewalk Sonar platinum

https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks

Geir

Quote from: M_Glenn_M on June 02, 2009, 11:39:10 PMIn my experience, more often than not there is a bad track. I have had success with 64's method, but usually I end up killing a track.
My experience too. But sometimes it helps if you delete the last track that was recorded and then export and import to a new card (if that's the case the BR wave converter usually fails to read that track anyway and you will now what track to delete)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

64Guitars

Yes, I think the card error causes data corruption on the track. And further writing of data can worsen the corruption. So, as soon as you first see a card error, you should backup your memory card. I would then try a Song Optimize. It might fix the error, or it might make it worse (that's why you have to do the backup first). If it fails, I would then Initialize the card, restore the backup, and try exporting the bad track as a wav file. If the wav file has problems, you might be able to salvage parts of it in Audacity, then import it back into the BR.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig