Hold Me (never let me go)

Started by StephenM, November 26, 2020, 08:32:42 PM

StephenM

Hold Me (Never let me go)-
Time:
0:00
Volume:
What can I say in two minutes, that would take a lifetime to say?
How do i tell you what I feel?  Expressions the universe can't hold.
Time and time again just hold me, and take me to that place.  Where nebula meets lofty spirits,
where souls of man can create.  That special place that only two can go.  Who have the spirits that can soar.
Hold me, hold me never let me go
I'll hold you, as we soar through the universe
What can I say in two minutes, that would take a lifetime to say?
How do i tell you what I feel?  Expressions the universe can't hold.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Ray Brookes

Nice laid back vibe with this song, Stephen; got a sort of Pink Floyd feel IMO. Nicely presented and I like that spacious production.
Ray Brookes

pjd1

Great stuff Steven some nice chords in there with crystal clear guitar work , deffo a 60,s vibe to this composition , the lyrics are really well put together , nice laid back feel to the song

Paul
recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8

Hilary

You put such a lot of musicality into your songs and this is no exception.

Lovely  :)
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

thetworegs

Love the walking feel of this and that distant vocal

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Johnbee

I really enjoy the feel of this tune, Steve, but I'd bring up the vocal track just a bit and tone down the reverb.  I know you're trying to get a "distant" effect, but you have it so buried that at times it would be hard to understand some of the words if you wouldn't have them posted.  Not to pick on you, but just a suggestion.  The words here deserve to be understood.

:) John B

StephenM

Quote from: Johnbee on November 29, 2020, 05:48:25 AMI really enjoy the feel of this tune, Steve, but I'd bring up the vocal track just a bit and tone down the reverb.  I know you're trying to get a "distant" effect, but you have it so buried that at times it would be hard to understand some of the words if you wouldn't have them posted.  Not to pick on you, but just a suggestion.  The words here deserve to be understood.

:) John B

^^^^^^^^^^^^
I totally understand what you are saying and i have to admit that I have another mix with the vocals higher in the mix...perhaps I will switch it...but I also have to admit I am more than insecure about my singing....  lol... I do love the lyrics though...perhaps what would be best is to see if there is someone who would like to take a crack at singing this... but i would say that I kind of want to keep the idea and the theme similar to what I did.... it is a very big theme... imo...one that can be uncomfortable to actually contemplate I would suppose...Thanks for listening and taking the time to tomment....Of all the songs i have ever done I think this is one I love very highly, not necessarily because it is that great or anything (although I love it) but because of the longing in the heart that it comes from...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Good job and like you I enjoyed the lyrics.  Nice post.      Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

Redler

Agree with Pink Floyd comparison (Im big fan of PF).

You've created very captivating atmosphere here. Fine performance and some tasty lead guitar additions on the right channel. Excellent work, Stephen!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ferryman_1957

Nice work Steve. Very atmospheric and I really liked the drums on this - was that you playing? If so, great job. I like your lyrics, you don't use a conventional structure but they fit the music well. Almost like poetry set to music....