"Jolene" - Geir covers Dolly Parton

Started by Geir, November 15, 2020, 04:56:22 PM

bruno

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Hook

Damn it's good to hear you again brother!!!
That damn Jolene, steal husbands and now wives???WTF??
This is perfect in every way my friend, stunning.
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Farrell Jackson

An acoustic guitar and vocal works for me every time when it's done this well! It's good to hear you're recording again Geir.

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Mike_S

Beautifully done. This stripped down style is so effective. We get every small detail of that vocal and every note of that great bit of guitar backing. Great version Geir.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Jean Pierre

j'aime tout! la voix, la guitare, la chanson, le mix
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

Geir

Thanx for all the kind feedback my friends!! I really appreciate it !

It was about time I got back :)

I just had a weekend getting 3/5 of my old band together and I had prepared most of a song that has some 15/8 guitar over 4/4 bass and drum for the intro (for 7 1/2 4/4 measures :D). We actually managed to get it structured and made a rough recording (despite all the heavy water Akevitt) so we won't forget it until we meet again. And then it just get crazy after that. We were quite excited to get back together (the drummer is Jarle my brother, who also has been rather absent here lately) and are already thinking this must not stop here. So if it goes anywhere I'll keep you posted .

cheers

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Groundy

Wow, just love it Geir, one of my all time favourite numbers just got better, take a bow my friend... Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

maxit

I got goosebumbps ! That's an awesome version, and I like the change of being singed by a man, good good take
recorder
Audacity

Greeny

I'm glad this got bumped so I didn't miss it.

I'm always happy to hear Geir singing with just an acoustic, but this one is exceptional. I love this song, I love performing this song, but the way you do it adds an extra gravity that is special. The vocal is absolutely stunning - understated but intense, and rises in the right places.

Absolutely incredible.