"Jolene" - Geir covers Dolly Parton

Started by Geir, November 15, 2020, 04:56:22 PM

Geir

Geir - Jolene
Time:
0:00
Volume:
So ... I was originally going to do this as a psyc version, but 2regs beat me to it ::) So this is reeeaaaly stripped down.

It is recorded more or less the same way as Ain't no sunshine.

Just my voice and guitar ... recorded live in the living room ... with a storm outside ....

Recorded on the BR800 with a Behringer condenser for vox and a dynamic for the guitar... added a touch of reverb on the guitar .... mastered with a tweaked version of the "acoustic" preset.

cheers

G

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Kody

This is Legit, Geir!! Love it man - Beautiful guitar pickin' and singin'...and a storm?! It's perfect!

Sure am glad I came back to this place to hear what y'all have been up to....See my full reaction below:

recorder
PreSonus Studio One

StephenM

nice cover... I hadn't heard much of your stuff but I came across "The Life of a Bubble."  I liked all the main 4 versions.  I thought they were all uniquely interesting.  I was thinking your vocals in the lower register especially remind me of Mark Knopfler... that is pretty darn good.... I think I might have heard this song once or twice before...not much...nice job here and I heard Trevors version....I don't see why you couldn't also do a psyche cover.... oh well, this is great...
btw... I made a remix of the "Life of a Bubble" and it includes some of the vocals from yours, ORH, Launched and Saijinn.... I didn't know if you got to hear it?  I know not everyone likes that sort of thing but I thought it was very cool.....

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

thetworegs

An excellent cover intimate vocal and beautifully picked guitar Bravo

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

kenny mac

An excellent version,I love the way the vocal jumps up to the higher register at around  the 1 min mark.
Great to hear that vocal again.
Bravo.

Hilary

I'm glad you didn't do a Fester as we wouldn't have heard this - beautiful  :)
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

ODH

Power control and simplicity. Great version.

(I think you could've gone with "man" though and owned it. "Please don't take my man")

:)
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

des0free

A very powerful and emotional vocal delivery!  Great use of volume modulation to keep the listeners attention! 
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Zoom R24
recorder
Boss Micro BR

cuthbert

Your fingerstyle and dynamic vocals on this really make it for me - great to see you back, Geir!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann