Mike S & SE The King Expects

Started by SE, November 02, 2020, 11:11:27 AM

SE

The King Expects
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Mike did this track what seems a while ago and I had said I,d give it a go, apologies for the length of time it has taken me to get something done.
Well anyway, I,ve changed the title it was formally King and Country, but the original title gave me the idea for the lyrics, so Ive come up with a first world war story.

The King Expects   Mike S & SE

Stood up when I received the call
Don,t do politics, don,t understand
All my mates said this will be grand
Back home for Christmas, they don,t have a chance

Do your duty, you don,t have to know
Never held a gun or shot no one
The King expects so you must go
The King expects you to kill the foe
Do your duty, you don,t have to know

Down in this mud two years now
Over the top did,nt stand a chance
All my pals lie on the battlefield
Made it back I don,t recall

Can,t stop shaking I don,t know why
Stood up walked away from the line
They say I,m a coward could,nt face it no more
I,m to be shot tomorrow morn

Oh forgot to say added some bass, guitar and croaky vocal.
So thanks again to Mike for such a great track hope Ive not ruined it for you.   
recorder
Boss BR-80

Ray Brookes

Cool track that drives along with that pounding bass/guitars. The lyrics are great and reflective of a horror event that occurred over a hundred years ago. Excellent collab, guys; well done.
Ray Brookes

pjd1

Very emotional song with a salute to those poor young men of the first world war , our family lost a great uncle at the somme ,so i can totally relate to the words you have laid down , as a society which should remember them , and be reminded of there awfull times they must have endured to give us what we have today . First class collab between you and Mike , music is extremely well played and recorded , and the vocals are perfect for the theme and the melody .

Well Done lads

Dunny
recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8

Mike_S

Love it John. The story you have told with the lyrics is superb and yes like like Dunny said it's pretty emotional. It is unimaginable living the lives we do now - so sad. But great additions here, love the vocals and the ballsy guitar you have added and the bassline just gives it a bit more life too. Love it.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Hilary

Great collab you too, well worth the wait.

Emotive lyrics with the right delivery and an excellent backer.

Bravo!
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

AndyR

Wooo... powerful stuff, musically and lyrically.

Catchy, too.

Nice one.
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Redler

A toe tapper rocker guys! This rocks!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Frank53

Powerful tune. Sounds like a song about the battle of Gallipoli. War is hell, and causes as many psychological injuries as physical ones. Descriptive lyrics and good supporting music.
There are only three kinds of drummers. Those who can count, and those who can't.

Ferryman_1957

Great track guys! Really rocking guitars and drums from Mike with a powerful driving rhythm. Great additions to the base track and a very compelling story in the lyrics. Very apt as I'm listening to this in Remembrance Week in the UK. Great collaboration guys, very effective.