Main Menu

Tear It Down

Started by boneonbone, September 30, 2020, 03:36:47 PM

boneonbone

Tear It Down
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Just finished writing and recording a 70's flavored song of the civil and social justice movement ongoing in the U.S.   Tried to emulate our CSNY roots and emptied out the toy box of acoustics, electrics....and even a bit of banjo......and of course, vocal harmonies.  Runs a bit longer than usual but I hope the arrangement holds your interest.

Recorded and mixed on Bandlab DAW.

Tear It Down      words & music: Vance Grazio     ©2020   

Got no room in my heart for those who hate, those who hate
Nothing ever will change for those who wait, those who wait
Tear it apart from the inside
oh ah wo ah oh, oh ah wo ah oh

V2
Voices ring out, in the streets, in the streets,
Black brown and white, week after week, after week
Tear down walls, from the outside

Chorus:

The time is now, we march as one
This fight for justice, has begun                     
Through every town, from shore to shore
Until injustice breathes no more...............oh oh wo

Leadership void, POTUS insane, quite insane
Gas on a fire, fanning the flames, fanning the flames,
Tear it all down, from the topside

Repeat chorus

Got no room in my heart for those who hate, those who hate
Nothing ever will change if we wait, if we wait
Love and hope grows from the inside...out

"Play because you love it. Don't worry about if it will ever make any money, just understand that playing is an end in itself, and you play music, it will make your life better. And, don't worry about being a star, don't worry about making money, worry about nothing, just sit down with your guitar and let it speak to you and that will make your life better. It will bring beauty into your life. It's a great thing to do."     ---- David Crosby

hardlock

Good theme - Good song! Not too long for me as the changing instrumentation keeps it moving. Love the leads. Well done!
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

StephenM

your sound is really good....

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

thetworegs

I like how the track walks You through into the vocal ... good lyrics ...it was worth emptying the toy box

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Ray Brookes

This is a great track with excellent vocal work and production. Lyrics are  great too - in fact after watching the first debate yesterday I have to agree with the line about the POTUS. Some cool guitar work going on here too. Great work, guys; well done.
Ray Brookes

kenny mac

Excellent track,I like the way the lead guitar echoes  off at the end of the lead guitar.
Lovely tone,and great performance.
Great to hear a banjo also.
Vocal is great too.
An excellent performance.

Hook

Spectacular and so very true. Definitely some CSNY ( one of my favs) vibes going on.
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Farrell Jackson

Excellent vocals....I dig those harmonies and backing vocals. Holding the drums out until the 2nd verse is a cool production choice. It transitions the song from folk to more of a rock vibe. Some cool guitar soloing n the style of Neil Young. Ha, just got to the banjo section...nicely done! 
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

pjd1

Such a cracking sound from the off , clear as a bell,its got a great grove going on , and i love when the guitar just creeps in and sings it part between the vocals , the guitar solo is just perfect i love it, and the dual thing is just brilliant , really rocks at this point , then back into the vocals just brilliant , one of my favourite songs on here brilliant stuff

Dunny
recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8

boneonbone

Thank you all for all the feedback, much appreciated!!
"Play because you love it. Don't worry about if it will ever make any money, just understand that playing is an end in itself, and you play music, it will make your life better. And, don't worry about being a star, don't worry about making money, worry about nothing, just sit down with your guitar and let it speak to you and that will make your life better. It will bring beauty into your life. It's a great thing to do."     ---- David Crosby