High And Higher

Started by T.C. Elliott, September 20, 2020, 12:52:05 PM

T.C. Elliott

Here's a song I wrote and recorded a few weeks ago. I also put together a video using royalty free clips from the interwebs. It premiered on the songfight live stream last night and I've just uploaded it to my youtube channel.

High And Higher
Written and Recorded by T.C. Elliott
Time:
0:00
Volume:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHCxCxIhYSo
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

thetworegs

A well crafted song I  like the lyrics catchy a real ear worm and that guitar tone is eatable it's so nice .... the imagery on the video works well too throughly enjoyed everything about it Bravo

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Ray Brookes

The imagery in the video compliments this song so well though the song stands in its own right. Great recording technique with good clarity and I like the way the drums drive the whole track along. Nice cool guitar work too without any over-playing and I wish my vocals were as good. Great lyrics too BTW.
Ray Brookes

StephenM

That is about as good as it gets for a song IMO... just great work.  my problem is I can't down load it.  so i hope to remember when i get on a different computer to come get this for my SC folder because I listen to alot of music off line as I am driving or running etc.  Excellent video too..  i just linked the video to my fb page so now I can retrieve it later for the 1 or 2 friends who may watch it.  Right after your video a group called The Dizzy Pilots came up...pretty cool stuff too

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

T.C. Elliott

Apparently a capital I in HIgher was the fail in the link. The song player will work now and it's downloadable.

Thanks for the comments. It means a lot.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Farrell Jackson

Wow this is a great song and video T.C.! Your vocals are sung so well and your pitch is perfect. The OD guitar in the beginning sets a great stage for what is to follow. I just listened to Ray Brookes' latest (Crown of Jewels) and now I hear this gem...man I'm gonna have to up my game just to step on the same field as you guys. You've set the bar quite high...well done!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

StephenM

Quote from: Farrell Jackson on September 21, 2020, 11:16:31 AMWow this is a great song and video T.C.! Your vocals are sung so well and your pitch is perfect. The OD guitar in the beginning sets a great stage for what is to follow. I just listened to Ray Brookes' latest (Crown of Jewels) and now I hear this gem...man I'm gonna have to up my game just to step on the same field as you guys. You've set the bar quite high...well done!

Farrell

Ha!  If everyone was that good, they would just be average...and they wouldn't want that!  I admit too though there is a lot of great song making and production on here...even my 15 year old son likes alot of what I play in the car off songcrafters.... he just laughed at my Who stuff and all the other classic rock...lol

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Redler

Excellent work both on music and video! Very melodic song and the chorus is so beautiful and catchy. I like this a lot!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Flash Harry

Wow - as Trev says, well crafted, vocals are brilliant, the song it just put together so well.

Why does it make me think of an up-beat Neil Young?

More of these please.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Johnbee

I really enjoyed the words and the imagery on this.  From poverty to beautiful landscapes.  The contrasts portray the conflicts perfectly.

:) John B