Courage Coming Like the Wind-With Trevor Smith

Started by StephenM, September 08, 2020, 02:26:00 PM

StephenM

Courage Coming Like the Wind
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Trevor (2 Reg) asked me if he could write and sing lyrics to an instrumental I posted a couple weeks ago.  So i sent him a stripped down version WAV and he sent me back the song with his vocals and just the vocals alone as a Wav file.  First i had a devil time loading it on my BR1600 because it didn't like the file format.  So then I finally converted to mp3 and then back and it took it fine.  To be honest I had alot of ideas to try with this.  It was a single voice and I made some backing vocals from Trevors vocals.  This project kicked my arse really and it is not perfect.  I used some things I learned from some of you about rolling off the low freq rumbles off my guitar tracks and wow...the bass appeared!  Just like magic!  and I tweaked the bass freq and drums a bit on the low end with the on board eq.  I also used my zoom to bring in some of Trevors vocals into spots I needed them.  I also included a snipet from another song he wrote...and he has not heard this yet so when he does it will be a total surprise...my first collaboration.  I also learned that I will have to rethink the way I record going forward to make things easier on mix down because I literally spent 12 hours doing this.... alot of it is my creative thoughts but disorganized manners with tracks....and I also managed to get water bubbles coming out like a well from Trevs voice around 3:30........
The jets serenade but no one is listening, way up on the mountain top.  The clouds start to rain and the innocent are running as the soldiers take their aim.  They're gonna shoot them down if they don't stop running but nobody's taking heed.

They have a dream but no one's listening,  They don't' know what to do with the pain.  Don't know what to do, don't know what to do, but the courage is coming like the wind, like the wind.

People test, they fight their claims, but are swat away like flies.  They have poisoned all their leaders and they tried to destroy their minds.  But they keep falling back although they had to run one day the truth will come out and it will be the rulers on the run.

There is courage, coming like the wind

There is courage, coming like the wind

The cities burn, the smoke chokes the clouds, the darkness blocks out the light.  There is still hope on the ground, they still want to fight.  The soldiers, take their aim, they try to squash them down.  They try to cause them pain, put their feet on their neck and push them to the ground. 

There is courage coming like the wind

They can't put them down.

Like the wind, like a hurricane, it's gonna blow, it's gonna blow, it's gonna blow

LIke a hurricane, it's gonna blow,  They can't put them down no... Like a hurricane, it's gonna blow, it's gonna blow

And another one falls.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

thetworegs

Wow!! Steve you have done one hell of a production job on this..musically everything in its place .. I thought I knew what I was going to hear.... I didn't talk about surprised .... I love it... it has a lot more power than the one sent you and the other song fits so well, great idea. and the backing vocals ... why didn't I think of that....Blew me away and that ending oh yeah!! Thank you,,

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

StephenM

Quote from: thetworegs on September 08, 2020, 04:03:27 PMWow!! Steve you have done one hell of a production job on this..musically everything in its place .. I thought I knew what I was going to hear.... I didn't talk about surprised .... I love it... it has a lot more power than the one sent you and the other song fits so well, great idea. and the backing vocals ... why didn't I think of that....Blew me away and that ending oh yeah!! Thank you,,
Trev.... hopefully down the road I can write something from you right out of the gate that we can work on...and you can add the piano and stufff... and I tried my best here because i feel like your voice deserves alot of attention... you have one of those rare voices that stand out so thank you for letting me have a crack at it.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Kenneth

Cool collab guys. All your work paid off Stephen, it's a force in itself.
Good choice collaborating with Trevor, he can sing like a bird or knock you on the floor with power.
Well done, I  raise my glass to you both, and look forward to many more.
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman

Redler

What a cool rocker, guys!!

Amazing tones on guitar and so well played and produced! Trev's voice fits like a glove to this. The repeat vocals works fine!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Greeny

This is a great collaboration - you both bring good and complimentary stuff to the party. I can hear there's a lot of work that went into this, but it was definitely worth it. Rocks along like a beauty. The guitars are fabulous, and I really like the intro / outro repeat parts. Glad you're collaborating - the first of many hopefully :-)

TPB

Great collab and the fact they were not together to start can present some mixing challenges which have been over come on the recording great choice adding the backing vocals well done to both of you
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

chapperz66

Marvelous stuff guys.  Rocky but innovative in the arrangement and production.

Paul

Hilary

What a great collab - a roaring rocker and everything fits just perfectly.

Bravo to you both!
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Mike_S

What a belter lads! This rocks like a good un. Trevor's vocal are in the spotlight here and they sound bloody brilliant. Shades of The Cult, really solid song writing and riffing and great production too.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand