Today and tomorrow is all you need

Started by thetworegs, September 07, 2020, 05:18:04 AM

thetworegs

Time:
0:00
Volume:
I thought i would try to explain how i recorded this one, so here goes.I tried for the first time to record my Gibson J-200 i bought with the money my mother left me, thanks Ma, with the SE Magneto condensor mic set at the soundhole into the  focusrite 8i6 and i think it turned out ok. I also had it playing through the kemper with a 12 string acoustic sim playing through the speakers which i think the mic did pick up. The I messed around with a few settings on the Kemper for the lead. The vocal i recorded with the Se Magneto with the Male Ambient Lead vocal plug in on Logic x.

Yesterday seems so far away
Tomorrows here it came today
I look around me to try and find away to get back to yesterday

I don't know what I believe in
I have lost my faith
I don't believe in today
Not since yesterday

I got nothing I want no one
No redemption for my heart
Im just falling I am lost now
Mind and body falling apart

Lost in this dream I can't see tomorrow
All my dreams are of yesterday
Someone said there can't be no tomorrow
If you live with is  yesterday
If you live with is  yesterday

Stand up with your hand on your heart and try to believe
Don't get lost in the road and sit there with all that grief
Cause yesterday is gone today and tomorrow is all, you need
today and tomorrow is ally ou need
today and tomorrow is all  you need

Stand up with your hand on your heart and try to believe
Don't get lost in the road and sit there with all that grief
Cause yesterday is gone today and tomorrow is all, you need
today and tomorrow is all  you need

Music & Lyrics Reg

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Hook

You (& Bruno) with your Pampers. You make me so...so...so... Jealous!!!!great song "I don't believe in today not since yesterday" love that.
Gotta say (I'm on ear buds also) im not a fan of hard panning and the guitar hard panned to the right at the beginning fucked with my brain ( again, earbuds ). I pan hardish and leave maybe too much on the otherside...what do I know.
The tone of your guitar is wonderful and its a fan tune.
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Redler

Wow! What a powerful song and performance.

Quote from: Hook on September 07, 2020, 05:40:52 AMThe tone of your guitar is wonderful and its a fan tune.

Totally agree with Hook.

recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

chapperz66

Brilliant stuff!  That big acoustic sounds fantastic and I love your vocal.  I'm a fan too.

Paul

Ferryman_1957

Wow, a belter of a song Trev. Stripped back to just vox and acoustic, the power of your vocals and the lyrics really shine through. Very emotional lyrics and performance coupled with lovely sounding guitar. I think the recording approach worked well.

I'm with Hook on the hard panning, I always like lead vocals right down the centre surrounded by the instrumentation. Makes it feel more intimate IMO like the singer is right in front of you. Or even in your head....... 

Greeny

I really like this. The guitar sounds beautiful, but it's the songwriting that shines here. And your incredible vocal. Works so well stripped back like this. I can hear Rod Stewart singing this in the mid 70's.

Frank53

Well written song, and an intimate presentation. A point in life where you look back at the wreckage of the past; the successes and failures, dreams unfulfilled. What's done is done.
There are only three kinds of drummers. Those who can count, and those who can't.

Ray Brookes

This is a great personal song, Trev with excellent incisive lyrics. That acoustic guitar sounds heavenly and you've recorded the entire song so tastefully. Wish I had your vocal sound; my voice sounds like Bob Dylan with a dose of flu.
Ray Brookes

TPB

You know I am lyric guy acoustic and vocals top notch I have heard a real improvement in your playing and vocals the last couple years
Bravo brother well done
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

StephenM

The more I listen the more I like...as in your singing...it is hard to sound that good with just an acoustic guitar and you have managed to do it...and I would add I thought "Another One Falls" is stunning.  My only regret so far about finding this site is that I just can't keep up with all the great music...but I am damn sure trying...thanks. 

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner