Ray Brookes

Started by Ray Brookes, August 19, 2020, 01:20:18 PM

Ray Brookes

Hi,

My name is Ray Brookes and I am a new member, signing up a day or so ago. I am a singer/songwriter (well ... a songwriter anyhow; calling myself a singer is a bit of a stretch) My main genre for writing is mostly blues/roots music though sometimes I tend to drift over towards folky kinda stuff.

The instruments I use are 6 & 12 string acoustic guitars, a Fender Strat, Ibanez bass and Lee Oscar blues harps. My piano/midi controller is an 88 key Yamaha something or other and the DAW I use is Logic Pro X. My mic is a Rode NT1000 condenser.

I'm a grumpy old man of 65 living in Sydney, Australia and that is me in a nutshell. When I was a young kid working in various recording studios I always dreamed of having my own studio one day. Now I have one here in the back room of my house and half the time I don't know what to do with it LOL.
Ray Brookes

chapperz66

Hi Ray and welcome from the English east Midlands.

Paul Chapman

TPB

Sounds good to me another blues player welcome from picayune Mississippi we have some blues here also
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

Greeny

Hello & Welcome from London :-)

IanR

Hi Ray,

I am Ian and I'm from Melbourne.

Welcome to Songcrafters. They are lots of talented and knowledgeable people on this forum and if you stick around I'm sure that you will have fun and will learn something as well.

There are lots of areas to ask questions, show off your gear and post songs.

Best wishes and welcome again,

Ian

recorder
PreSonus Studio 1824
recorder
PreSonus FaderPort 8
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

Farrell Jackson

Hi Ray and welcome to Songcrafters from CA. USA! I'm glad you found your way over here....there's quite a few of us grumpy old men at this site.  ;D

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Ferryman

Welcome Ray, you fit our demographic well..... ;)

The problem with our home studios is that they have more gear and capabilities in the computer than most studios I went in in the 70s and 80s could ever dream of!

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Kenneth

Welcome! ( from another grumpy, getting older man!)
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman

Ray Brookes

Thanks for the warm welcome, guys; great to be here.
Ray Brookes

alfstone

Ciao from Sicily!

Alfredo

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Logic Pro