How to edit vocals well?

Started by Capn_Gaz, May 28, 2009, 04:57:30 AM

Capn_Gaz

Wow, that brilliant guys - thanks for all the info!
Those links have a lot of useful information on them, I had a real quick browse and tried to put some of your tips and theirs into practice and it really makes some difference - still getting to grips with the Micro br and didn't have a lot of time to try those things out fully to tweak things about but what I did try improved things.

Cheers!

Gareth

Glenn Mitchell

One tip someone gave is to record the vox in the car!.
Lots of them are designed for silence across the whole spectrum.
I have a Volvo and it's amazing! Comfortable too. And the wife appreciates not having to listen to multiple takes and weird harmony trax.
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Cakewalk Sonar platinum

https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks

Geir

Quote from: M_Glenn_M on May 29, 2009, 07:53:58 AMOne tip someone gave is to record the vox in the car!.
LOL just make sure you're not driving or you'll end up with a result like my "Noodle Soup"
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

AndyR

Quote from: M_Glenn_M on May 29, 2009, 07:53:58 AMOne tip someone gave is to record the vox in the car!.
Lots of them are designed for silence across the whole spectrum.
I have a Volvo and it's amazing! Comfortable too. And the wife appreciates not having to listen to multiple takes and weird harmony trax.

I must admit, when I saw that tip the other day I thought "that's a really good idea"... unfortunately we don't have a car!

In amongst the links above, I found an article on getting some rails put up in a corner so that you can hang blankets on them a few inches from the walls to create a dead space...
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1